That's a big ol' CGSO winner!

chitownsportsfan

Missed the game, as I have any good game all year, but encouraging especially since one of the worries with Giolitos new windup was endurance. Kudos to him for getting his body right in addition to making changes in his mechanics.

8 hours ago, WBWSF said:

Nobody ever talks about this but Hahn grew up a Cubs fan. Hahn was never at a White Sox game in his life until he started working for JR.

People talk about this, and it is absurd that people talk about this

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Why would we talk about it?

Don't you know?  Every front office employee and executive across the entire major leagues grew up as a fan of the team that they work for.  The white Sox are the only team that has ever hired a person that was a fan of another team.  We live in truly scary times 

• Haha 1

I  agree, good day. The Performance of monacada, Anderson, giolito, eloy and lopez is the only perfomance of guys on the big club I care about,everyone else is just keeping the seat warm for the minor leaguers.  Of course I wouldn't mind a breakout of  a fringe prospect but  if I have to choose I would pick the top talents performing even if the team loses more games.

Was just watching the morning show MLB Central on the MLB Network and they talked a while about the game last night. John Smoltz talked about Giolito and basically said everything we already know about how he changed his delivery. He also brought up the concern which PTATC had brought up that shortening the delivery places more stress on the shoulder.

Mark DeRosa talked about Eloy and comped him with Albert Belle as a big man who went into somewhat of crouched stance and did a side by side video comparison.  I have to admit their swings looked pretty similar.

So just out of curiosity I looked at Belle's early years with the Indians. He came up as a 22 year old and basically sucked for 218 AB's

At 23 he was back in the minors with a brief stint with the Tribe.

At 24 he had a very good season.

25 through age 31 . 7 seasons. 6 of those he got MVP votes and was a 5 time All -Star

Eloy is 22.

9 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Was just watching the morning show MLB Central on the MLB Network and they talked a while about the game last night. John Smoltz talked about Giolito and basically said everything we already know about how he changed his delivery. He also brought up the concern which PTATC had brought up that shortening the delivery places more stress on the shoulder.

Mark DeRosa talked about Eloy and comped him with Albert Belle as a big man who went into somewhat of crouched stance and did a side by side video comparison.  I have to admit their swings looked pretty similar.

So just out of curiosity I looked at Belle's early years with the Indians. He came up as a 22 year old and basically sucked for 218 AB's

At 23 he was back in the minors with a brief stint with the Tribe.

At 24 he had a very good season.

25 through age 31 . 7 seasons. 6 of those he got MVP votes and was a 5 time All -Star

Eloy is 22.

If the choice with Gio is be really effective but maybe the shoulder doesn't have a long shelf life, or just suck and the career doesn't have a long shelf life, he has made the correct decision. Hopefully he holds up. 

9 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I agree on Madrigal.  His path to the majors may take longer than expected, but at some point his natural ability will overcome our shit development staff and he’ll be a useful player. 

I'm very high on Madrigal.  Baseball people were all saying he was closest player to the majors in the draft.  A few months getting his feet wet mean nothing.  His knowledge of the strike zone and GG type defensive + elite speed works for me.  It's nice having guys on base to disrupt.  It seems speed guys give us fits.

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

I'm very high on Madrigal.  Baseball people were all saying he was closest player to the majors in the draft.  A few months getting his feet wet mean nothing.  His knowledge of the strike zone and GG type defensive + elite speed works for me.  It's nice having guys on base to disrupt.  It seems speed guys give us fits.

Just noticed that in last nights game Madrigal was 0 for 2 with 3 walks and 3 stolen bases.  That's what I mean about his ability to make things happen.

27 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Just noticed that in last nights game Madrigal was 0 for 2 with 3 walks and 3 stolen bases.  That's what I mean about his ability to make things happen.

Yea.  When he’s on, the guys at the plate are getting better pitches.  Period.  Not debatable.