Sox @ Twins 5/24 Gamethread

The Twins grab CJ Cron for one year and $4.8 million dollars and he puts up a .900+ OPS.  Rick trades for Alonso and pays him $9 million dollars and he can barely OPS above .600.

A monkey throwing darts at a dart board would be a better chooser of talent than Rick.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Eddie Rosario is really good dude. 

I know. Reread what I said, because I did say that. But beyond him and Berrios, there's nobody that I would have demanded to have on our team (OK, maybe Buxton and Kepler because those positions are ridiculously shitty for us).

Just now, mqr said:

It’s crazy that it took like 150 years for someone to do the math on bunting. 

You don't count that a guy on second or third with one out puts pressure on the pitcher. The numbers don't look at the intangibles.

11 minutes ago, poppysox said:

TV guys are explaining that Mancada was probably on his own bunting for a hit.

Its too hard to understand for a few overreactors here

1 minute ago, Chisox378 said:

You don't count that a guy on second or third with one out puts pressure on the pitcher. The numbers don't look at the intangibles.

As does scoring first if you pull it off.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Colinski said:

Can ANYONE explain the logic of bunting in that spot ?

He was bunting for a hit. You have a third baseman who can't move well, so you try to push it toward him and get two guys on with nobody out. Worst case, you have a guy in scoring position with one out. Moncada just didn't push it as hard as he wanted to.

I don't think I would have done it, but it's not as horrible as you guys are making it sound.