Sox @ Twins 5/24 Gamethread

2 minutes ago, The Sir said:

I was going to agree with your Rick Hahn hatred, but then you decided to not only be a grammar Nazi but an inaccurate one as well. I withdraw my support.

I don't need any support on my bandwagon, lol.  But honestly though, how about two GM's?  One who makes trades and signs home-grown talent to extensions (Rick) and another GM who signs free agents (anyone else)?

Edited by Moan4Yoan

8 minutes ago, WilliamTell said:

When you put up a big number against the Twins, the most important thing to do is to hold them scoreless. This has been going on for over 15 years for the most part, score a big number, they answer right back.

This series is going to remind me why I despise the Twins more than any team in sports. 

Hopefully this core has more mental fortitude with them than the last one. Weird shit used to happen at that godforsaken dome and it got in their heads. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 2

Just now, poppysox said:

Both guys who scored were on without a hit.  That is the stuff of nightmares.  Somehow I suspect McCann would have had a better control of the situation.

Is McCann going to throw his out pitches for him?

Just now, mqr said:

Is McCann going to throw his out pitches for him?

No.  Sometimes you feel more under control with a good catcher behind the plate.  I guess better guidance or a calming influence.

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

This series is going to remind my why I despise the Twins more than any team in sports. 

Agree with you on that one. If the Twins win the division this year, I'll be excitedly watching Game 1 of whatever DS they're in, so I can watch them break the all-time postseason game losing streak. Fuck the Twins.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Lopez is trying to be a 2-pitch pitcher tonight. Problem is his changeup is nothing special.  He’s made no progress this season.

It's frustrating.  I'm sure Cooper is working on his backup offerings but when he is on with his two best pitches, he can dominate.  But that won't be consistent until he fixes his change.