Sox @ Twins 5/24 Gamethread

23 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I whine when I lose at cards too.

Hey I know I've been at odds with you  but I think you serve a purpose. Maybe what you say is too often repeated but it's ironic that people will get on you to stop whining in the same thread where people whine about Renteria which they do as often as you bring up Hahn. Frankly what Hahn?Reinsdorf do hurts the team a lot more than anything Renteria does.

Maybe he's just trying to get guys good at it so when they do have to do it, they can do it. Maybe he believes truly that it's a character building thing and that's its not all about increasing your odds of winning in a rebuild.

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

You are either a low rent troll or mentally challenged. 

Thinking the Twins are a fluke and will cool down is low rent.  They draft, develop, and sign players much more successfully than the Sox do.  Is this even in question?

2 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

What’s crazy is how many guys he has had 0-2, 1-2 that he cannot put away.

It’s astounding that a guy can consistently throw 97-98 and not have a single out pitch

7 hours ago, poppysox said:

This game is still winnable.  I hope Ricky doesn't let this get out of hand to save the bullpen.  It's probably our best chance at a win this series.

Especially after they didn't even have to pitch yesterday.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Really wish they could send him down to work on his offspeed pitches. He seems scared to throw the slider and curve and is getting pounded.

he hasn't learned how to pitch without his good stuff. 

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Hey I know I've been at odds with you  but I think you serve a purpose. Maybe what you say is too often repeated but it's ironic that people will get on you to stop whining in the same thread where people whine about Renteria which they do as often as you bring up Hahn. Frankly what Hahn?Reinsdorf do hurts the team a lot more than anything Renteria does.

Maybe he's just trying to get guys good at it so when they do have to do it, they can do it. Maybe he believes truly that it's a character building thing and that's its not all about increasing your odds of winning in a rebuild.

I won't argue with people who hate Renteria.  The guy is a manger from the old era of baseball.  He does not fit the modern era.  But I can see what you are saying.  Maybe the Sox see him as a developmental manager to teach the young guys the right way to play and how to bunt.  Maybe the Cubs were doing the same thing with him but they sure cut bait immediately once a much better manager became available.

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

he hasn't learned how to pitch without his good stuff. 

This is 100 percent correct.  When he has dominated, he is still usually using mostly 2 pitches only but he is throwing near 100 with a wicked breaker.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Thinking the Twins are a fluke and will cool down is low rent.  They draft, develop, and sign players much more successfully than the Sox do.  Is this even in question?

Check their players and their career averages. You think Eddie Rosario will hit 60 homers and Jorge Polanco is the second coming of ARod?

If yes, I would gladly take yout money in a bet.

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

They've been in rebuild mode for at least 5 years.

They're for real.

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Tilson has been a really tough out since his callup

Yes, I will admit I was wrong on him so far.  I still don't think he is much more than a fourth outfielder once he cools down but he has value as a fourth outfielder once Robert is here.