Sox @ Twins 5/24 Gamethread

1 minute ago, Donaldo said:

They've been in rebuild mode for at least 5 years.

They're for real.

The Royals were rebuilding basically non-stop for 30 years. Just because you do a rebuild does not mean you are guaranteed to be good.

6 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

One week all year seems low. Regardless I can't imagine anyone is thrilled with him climbing rocks out west 24/7

Oh come on, he’s rehabbing at the Sox facility, helping out Dunning, being a good teammate.  It is ridiculous to say he is somehow dogging his rehab.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I would say the concern is he doesn’t have a good breaking ball

This is truth. 

I'm almost to the point where Lopez needs to tinker with new breaking pitches. He should try a splitter and go back to that cutter that worked really well for him last year. I have no idea why he ditched the cutter this year. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

6 minutes ago, poppysox said:

This game is still winnable.  I hope Ricky doesn't let this get out of hand to save the bullpen.  It's probably our best chance at a win this series.

With Berrios on the hill, I'm amazed that we have 4 runs tonight.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

And they’re going to be very active in the trade market it sounds like. I think they run away with the division.

Agreed but I don’t think they’re near as good as they’ve been

32 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

This series is going to remind me why I despise the Twins more than any team in sports. 

Hopefully this core has more mental fortitude with them than the last one. Weird shit used to happen at that godforsaken dome and it got in their heads. 

You'd have errors, walks, bad calls, the Twins using the turf for hits. Every game there seemed to be a 30 foot high chopper single. 

2 minutes ago, WilliamTell said:

You'd have errors, walks, bad calls, the Twins using the turf for hits. Every game there seemed to be a 30 foot high chopper single. 

One time I watched Luis Castillo bounce a ball 6 inches in front of home plate and he was standing at first before Freddy caught it in front of the mound. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Without his juice enhanced offense, Welington Castillo not only becomes worthless, but is actually a detriment, to the young White Sox pitching staff. 

Let’s face it, James McCann is the antithesis of Castillo in virtually every way possible. Tall, fit and athletic vs. short and stocky, with slow reflexes. One works tirelessly on flights (studying opposing hitters for the next series and prepping well thought out game plans)... while the other has a seemingly generic, mindless approach, intended to minimize his need to move behind the plate. McCann has decent but improving framing skills vs  Castillo’s framing mindset that seems to revolve around a “less (movement) is more,  framing is optional” approach. 

Please Allow me to be extreme in this vent: Beef is a toxic (rotting carcass of a) catcher...  poisoning the team as he stunts the critical development of the young Sox pitching staff. 

Thanks for indulging me.💫

• Love 2