Sox @ Twins 5/24 Gamethread

3 minutes ago, mqr said:

They beat the Astros 9-4 two days ago man. Are they 5-6 years away from being competitive. Shit happens

I get getting angry, but these statements on the state of the org based on one game always crack me up.

And the Twins will not average over 9 runs a game for the season. They are just ridiculously hot right now. 

Edited by GermanSoxFan
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

I get getting angry, but these statements on the state of the org based on one game always crack me up.

And the Twins will not average 9 runs a game for the season. They are just ridiculously hot right now. 

It’s always the same like 4 people that ignore any good games

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mqr said:

They beat the Astros 9-4 two days ago man. Are they 5-6 years away from being competitive. Shit happens

The Astros rebuild took like 7 years. Next year is only year 4 of the Sox rebuild. Still a long ways to go before the Sox are competing for anything. 

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

And the Twins will not average over 9 runs a game for the season. They are just ridiculously hot right now. 

The Twins have had a ridiculous amount of success for the money they spend over the years compared to the White Sox.  Why would anyone doubt them at this point?

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Lambert is giving up far too many runs in AA.  If you put him in AAA, he probably gets rocked.

Then pick someone else.  Someone's going to get hurt with the line drives being shot at them.  Can't make a respectable showing with 1 starter.  The injuries to Kopech, Rodon and Dunning are not any ones fault but you do have to field a team including starting pitchers.

3 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Then pick someone else.  Someone's going to get hurt with the line drives being shot at them.  Can't make a respectable showing with 1 starter.  The injuries to Kopech, Rodon and Dunning are not any ones fault but you do have to field a team including starting pitchers.

The only guy they have anywhere in the org that is MLB quality is Cease. If they want to improve the rotation they're going to have to trade for it. 

3 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

The Astros rebuild took like 7 years. Next year is only year 4 of the Sox rebuild. Still a long ways to go before the Sox are competing for anything. 

The only problem I have with that is when are our stars going to line up? Four more years of Moncada, five of Anderson, seven of Eloy, none of Rodon, four of Gio, then we're relying on the next wave. I might be wrong about some of those numbers because I'm guessing off the top of my head, but if we traded Chris Sale for a guy who will be gone the year after we finally get good...isn't that sort of a fuckup?

I get this year being a tank, but call Robert, Cease, Collins, Lambert, and Mendick up later this year, win 81+ next year, get Madrigal and one OF up at some point that year, along with a recovered Kopech, add an arm or two that offseason, and plan to compete in 2021. Right?

6 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Maybe they fire Hostetler and bring in someone who actually knows what he is doing in the draft room? 

31 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

The Twins have been in rebuild mode for a lot longer than 5 years. More like last 7-8 years. They had the number 1 farm system in baseball 5 years ago and have a very good farm now.

Games like today show how far the Sox still have to go in their rebuild. The Sox are still a good 3-4 years away from being a legit contender. 

They also fired people who didn't do a good job.

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

The only guy they have anywhere in the org that is MLB quality is Cease. If they want to improve the rotation they're going to have to trade for it. 

I've been calling for Cease & Keuchel for what seems like months.  Not because I want to rush Cease or overpay for Keuchel.   These good young players need to learn how to win by playing with competent co-workers.  These shellings don't help players develop IMO.

11 minutes ago, mqr said:

It’s always the same like 4 people that ignore any good games

I would add a few more to the list. A few that only show up when its going bad.....