Sox @ Twins 5/24 Gamethread

2 minutes ago, The Sir said:

The only problem I have with that is when are our stars going to line up? Four more years of Moncada, five of Anderson, seven of Eloy, none of Rodon, four of Gio, then we're relying on the next wave. I might be wrong about some of those numbers because I'm guessing off the top of my head, but if we traded Chris Sale for a guy who will be gone the year after we finally get good...isn't that sort of a fuckup?

I get this year being a tank, but call Robert, Cease, Collins, Lambert, and Mendick up later this year, win 81+ next year, get Madrigal and one OF up at some point that year, along with a recovered Kopech, add an arm or two that offseason, and plan to compete in 2021. Right?

Half of these guys are going to most likely fail and contribute nothing to the rebuild. Also, Robert and Cease might need two or three years of development at the mlb level before they become superstars. 

The Sox cannot rely solely on the farm. JR is going to have to open the wallet up big time if they want to compete by 2021. 2022 or 2023 is more realistic if we are only relying on internal guys. 

1 minute ago, OneDog847 said:

Half of these guys are going to most likely fail and contribute nothing to the rebuild. Also, Robert and Cease might need two or three years of development at the mlb level before they become superstars. 

The Sox cannot rely solely on the farm. JR is going to have to open the wallet up big time if they want to compete by 2021. 2022 or 2023 is more realistic if we are only relying on internal guys. 

Almost every rebuild is capped off with 2 or 3 major acquisitions from either trade or FA.  I still think our major needs will still be stud starting pitchers.

• Like 1

Blows my mind that every fan in the place can see that Lopez has nothing with the score 4-4 if not sooner.  Ricky comes to the same conclusion when the score hits 8-4.  What are he and Coop looking at?  It's like they aren't even trying to win the game.

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

I was feeling so optimistic following last nights game.  After tonight's game...not so much.

Dude, the Sox are going to finish with a sub-.500 record.  Probably a lot lower than .500.  Don't get your hopes up.  It's like the minor leagues -- the only thing that matters is how the Sox young players (who will be a part of the future) perform going forward.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

20 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Alonso = stud.  I wish I could get $9 million to suck at my job.

Seriously. I'm not a pitying type, and I'm doing well, but I look at a business venture that could allow me to pull in $20,000 a month four years from now and think it's the dreamiest thing ever. This dude makes two and a half times that night. Fuck right off.

4 minutes ago, The Sir said:

Seriously. I'm not a pitying type, and I'm doing well, but I look at a business venture that could allow me to pull in $20,000 a month four years from now and think it's the dreamiest thing ever. This dude makes two and a half times that night. Fuck right off.

Seriously.  I am not a salesperson so base salary is most of my earnings but I also receive a good chunk of change from yearly bonuses as well.  This loser, Alonso, has made millions, considering he has never really been a good/great player.  It's ridiculous but I guess Rick thought he was worth the money.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

6 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Seriously.  I am not a salesperson so base salary is most of my earnings but I also receive a good chunk of change from yearly bonuses as well.  This loser, Alonso, has made millions, considering he has never really been a good/great player.  It's ridiculous but I guess Rick thought he was worth the money.

Rick has made a number of good deals and extensions.  Alonso is not one of them.  He is just using up space where a prospect good be earning a shot.

8 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

When I think about it like that, it makes me think about walking away from sports. When I was a ten year old Sox fan, bad losses could, no joke, make me cry. I've gathered myself a lot since then, but this can all still put me in a foul mood. And for what? If he completely sucks, Eloy will still have $100 million. I'll be pissed about it, but I hope he enjoys his megayacht.

3 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

You all need to relax.  The Twins are the hottest hitting team in MLB and Lopez just didn't have it tonight.  It's one game, although this is probably a sweep now.

This was a poorly pitched and poorly managed game.  Very disappointing.  This game failed at being entertaining.  That is always my minimum bottom line requirement.