Sox @ Twins 5/24 Gamethread

1 minute ago, Colinski said:

Can ANYONE explain the logic of bunting in that spot ?

There is never a logical reason to bunt. Ever. The only thing it does is make your team less likely to score. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

I hadn't really looked at this Twins roster before tonight, but it is seriously the scrubbiest looking thing I've ever seen. How did they compile this lucky shit into the best team in baseball a third of the way through???

Before this year, I would have ignored Kepler, Odorizzi, Perez, Parker, Harper, Buxton, Schoop, Cron, and probably even Polanco. I would have actively wanted Rosario and Berrios, but they're getting all-star performances out of every one of these guys. And their manager is rookie-leader-but-bigtime-bust Rocco Baldelli?

WTF. If Hahn gets one tenth of the return for initial expectations that the Twins have gotten so far this year, we'll win the World Series every single year from 2020-2026.

Ozzie bunted all the time in 2005 and we won the World Series. You cats are lucky I'm not the manager, Id be bunting constantly. I play Simulation Baseball sometimes and I constantly bunt. It's the best play in the game. Sacrificing yourself for the team. Small ball. Smart Ball.

Edited by Chisox378

2 minutes ago, The Sir said:

I hadn't really looked at this Twins roster before tonight, but it is seriously the scrubbiest looking thing I've ever seen. How did they compile this lucky shit into the best team in baseball a third of the way through???

Before this year, I would have ignored Kepler, Odorizzi, Perez, Parker, Harper, Buxton, Schoop, Cron, and probably even Polanco. I would have actively wanted Rosario and Berrios, but they're getting all-star performances out of every one of these guys. And their manager is rookie-leader-but-bigtime-bust Rocco Baldelli?

WTF. If Hahn gets one tenth of the return for initial expectations that the Twins have gotten so far this year, we'll win the World Series every single year from 2020-2026.

Eddie Rosario is really good dude.