Game Thread : Sox (Banuelos) @Twins (Gibson) 05/25/19

Bazox

1 minute ago, Chisox378 said:

Moncanda has no chance here, they look lackluster, what's happening in that clubhouse!?

Ricky is saying we'll just keep doing what we've been doing and get different results tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

So what your saying is there is no room for improvement!?!?

You asked what is happening in the clubhouse.  My answer meant I don't think anything is being done to change the clubhouse.  Same guys are in the lineup everyday.  Ricky never seems at the end of his rope.  Maybe that's what FO wants.  Nice calm & cool manager that says we'll get em tomorrow.  Balls lost in the sky happen but useless throws that let the trail runner advance are really bush league.  We keep hearing be patient as the kids learn the fundamentals down on the farm.  Who's responsible for the major league guys if not the manager and coaches.

10 minutes ago, mharkins said:

Moncada crushed the ball with an exit velocity of 104 mph. I would consider that as having more than “no chance”

Cool how you got the exit velocity. I was predicting he would k after he looked horrible the 1st two pitched, like I don't care swing. I'm guessing the stop in play helped him with that hard hit.

2 minutes ago, bubba phillips said:

So, Lopez and his nasty 6.03 ERA is a solid member of the Big Two?  And Covey at 5.31 is brutal?

I haven't given up on Covey & Banuelos as future competent components of a winning team.  They just aren't very good yet.  They both look to have live arms.  Someone might fix em.  Just don't know if it's going to be Coop.

2 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Alonzo needs DFA quit marching him out there 

I'd rather see Collins up here even if he struggles.  I don't see the point of the veteran presence of Alonso much longer.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I haven't given up on Covey & Banuelos as future competent components of a winning team.  They just aren't very good yet.  They both look to have live arms.  Someone might fix em.  Just don't know if it's going to be Coop.

I think Covey is underrated. If they were willing to give him an opener, he could be a solid bottom of the rotation starter. Yeah, he'll still get blown up 5 games a year, but he'll also come out as Cy Covey and steal 3 games a year. I'll take that as a 5th/6th starter for sure.

56 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

This team comes alive for 2 games, then just dies the next 2.

They won 2/4 against Houston with two of the Astros' better players out, and now they're going to lose 2 or 3 of 3 against the best team in the AL because the pitchers the Sox have trotted out absolutely suck ass.

It's not "dying," it's that they're simply being out-talented.

2 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Cause its tiresome

So start a conversation. It's an internet forum, multiple convos can happen at once, just skip the b****ing ones. 

Or try another thread. Maybe game threads against the best team in baseball during the 4th year of a rebuild isn't the best place to be if you don't like b****ing. 

Or go outside. Play golf. Watch a movie. Idk why you come on here if you know exactly what it's going to be and don't want to be part of the solution. 

It's tiresome 

3 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Cause its tiresome

When we play well like the Giolito game we do hand springs how happy days are here again. When we play like last few days we are beside ourselves with frustration.  That's what being a sport fan usually leads to.  We're all nuts.