5/26 Games

SoxAce

29 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

The hit tool is extremely questionable, and it is the most important one. I really wish that the Sox would look for position players with a decent hit tool and then look at other things. Power, Speed and even walks can be neutralized if a hitter struggles to put the bat on the ball. 

That being said, there are a other things to like about his game, most notably power and patience. 

a player with high OBP and power with a 800 OPS is valuable.

he may not be perfect but he doesn't suck.

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

I really wish that the Sox would look for position players with a decent hit tool and then look at other things.

I agree to certain extent, but I will point out that you just described Nick Madrigal, so they are trying to do what you advised.

10 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

I've decided that it does no good to be that negative. I want the Sox to win. If Madrigal is good it helps them win. It does me no good as a fan to be negative about him. Am I a huge fan of him as a prospect? Not anymore. However I want him to be good because it is good for the Sox if he is. That's why I've altered my stance on Madrigal and Collins from "I think they suck" to "I hope they're good, I'm not counting on them but we'll wait and see"

Well Jack, it just may be that they "both suck, even though we hope they're good". However, like you, I am definitely rooting for them. The problem with Collins is that his bat would play fine, as a catcher. However, if he has to be a first baseman, or DH. not so good.  I want a really good defensive catcher, and it seems most think that he will be just adequate, at best. 

Edited by Lillian

2 hours ago, Timmy U said:

I agree to certain extent, but I will point out that you just described Nick Madrigal, so they are trying to do what you advised.

I was in favor of the Madrigal pick when it was made. I completely forgot about his wrist injury and Ray Ray is correct that wrist injuries mess with hitters for about 12 months. That needs to be taken into account and completely changes my mind on him. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

6 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

I was in favor of the Madrigal pick when it was made. I completely forgot about his wrist injury and Ray Ray is correct that wrist injuries mess with hitters for about 12 months. That needs to be taken into account and completely changes my mind on him. 

It’s been like 14 months. It’s not an excuse anymore.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Didn't he hurt it shortly before the draft last year? If so, we're just approaching 12 months now. 

He hurt it near the end of February last year, so about 15 months ago, give or take.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mlb.com/amp/news/oregon-state-s-nick-madrigal-fractures-hand-c267188408.html