Embrace The Tank!!!

OneDog847

This thread sucks a big fat dick.  Like could this OneDog clown be any more excited about getting destroyed by the Twins.  The best part is advocating for more tanking when our draft record is atrocious and our player development staff is complete garbage.  Makes total sense to burn more of Moncada, Giolito, Anderson, & Eloy’s service time so we can rack up a bunch of top five picks that will help us five years from if ever.

Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Does anyone realize the Twins are really damn good? They have the best record in baseball. They have the best run differential by a lot. They are 9-1 in their last 10 games.

This team got their dick kicked in by the best team in baseball, not the Marlins. It's going to be ok.

It’s completely reflective of what the site has become. One horrific series and the trolls come out guns blazing.  Really sad to see what’s become of this board.

Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s completely reflective of what the site has become. One horrific series and the trolls come out guns blazing.  Really sad to see what’s become of this board.

I use the site daily, but almost exclusively for minor league talk and during the offseason just to read about rumors. Unfortunately the gross negativity is seeping in to the minor league threads now too and certain members have a melt down every time Madrigal goes hitless. 

• Thanks 2

You can take it as complaining but in 2016, Twins lost 103 games...easily the most in MLB. The following year they finished 2nd and played Yankees as Wild Card. Not content with that, they fired Manager of the Year, Paul Molitor a year later.  You could lay the Twins lineup side-side with Sox coming into 2019 and argue the WS were stronger at most positions. The Twins made some smart acquisitions and the Sox brought in McCaan, Colome and $20 million of hot garbage. If you don't see the subpar functional areas with this organization you are blind or kidding yourselves.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Flash said:

You can take it as complaining but in 2016, Twins lost 103 games...easily the most in MLB. The following year they finished 2nd and played Yankees as Wild Card. Not content with that, they fired Manager of the Year, Paul Molitor a year later.  You could lay the Twins lineup side-side with Sox coming into 2019 and argue the WS were stronger at most positions. The Twins made some smart acquisitions and the Sox brought in McCaan, Colome and $20 million of hot garbage. If you don't see the subpar functional areas with this organization you are blind or kidding yourselves.

The person with the most influence over talent evaluation is probably Kenny Williams.  Not thrilled with that thought.

7 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Does anyone realize the Twins are really damn good? They have the best record in baseball. They have the best run differential by a lot. They are 9-1 in their last 10 games.

This team got their dick kicked in by the best team in baseball, not the Marlins. It's going to be ok.

I get that and youre right, but they did lose each game by 7 runs, and have scored 1 run the last 25 innings. That is a little beyond facing a hot team, especially since they were also given many runs.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, poppysox said:

The person with the most influence over talent evaluation is probably Kenny Williams.  Not thrilled with that thought.

32 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I really think that's one of the major problems..   Kenny is one of those who has a meal ticket from 05. I personally think he's not good at what he does and brings a lot of controversy to the team. That's why I don't fully blame Hahn cause I know arrogant Kenny is pulling strings in the backround and JR is too blind to see it. And if he does Kenny flashes the big 05 carp in his face and all is forgotten...

8 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This thread sucks a big fat dick.  Like could this OneDog clown be any more excited about getting destroyed by the Twins.  The best part is advocating for more tanking when our draft record is atrocious and our player development staff is complete garbage.  Makes total sense to burn more of Moncada, Giolito, Anderson, & Eloy’s service time so we can rack up a bunch of top five picks that will help us five years from if ever.

Jesus man. Wash your mouth out with some soap.

No one is excited about getting destroyed by the Twins. The Twins suddenly look like a behemoth and force to be reckoned with. It isn't okay to be concerned about them at all?

Tanking for multiple more years seems like the only option since it doesn't appear that JR is gonna open the wallet anytime soon. 

10 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

I really think that's one of the major problems..   Kenny is one of those who has a meal ticket from 05. I personally think he's not good at what he does and brings a lot of controversy to the team. That's why I don't fully blame Hahn cause I know arrogant Kenny is pulling strings in the backround and JR is too blind to see it. And if he does Kenny flashes the big 05 carp in his face and all is forgotten...

Bingo! The Twins are but one example debunking the notion that rebuild is synonymous with waiting for years until key minor leaguers are ready. Look 90 miles north to the Brewers. They hired a 30 year old GM (Stearns) and took their lumps for a season then acquired Yelich, Moustakis and Cain as well as Grandal last year. You have to have a vision and ability to evaluate talent.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

Jesus man. Wash your mouth out with some soap.

No one is excited about getting destroyed by the Twins. The Twins suddenly look like a behemoth and force to be reckoned with. It isn't okay to be concerned about them at all?

Tanking for multiple more years seems like the only option since it doesn't appear that JR is gonna open the wallet anytime soon. 

Wait, you and others weren’t worried about the Twins less than a month ago. What changed??

6 minutes ago, Flash said:

Bingo! The Twins are but one example debunking the notion that rebuild is synonymous with waiting for years until key minor leaguers are ready. Look 90 miles north to the Brewers. They hired a 30 year old GM (Stearns) and took their lumps for a season then acquired Yelich, Moustakis and Cain as well as Grandal last year. You have to have a vision and ability to evaluate talent.

The part about the Twins isn't really true. They had the number one ranked farm system in 2014 and have just started seeing major gains recently. Their rebuild has been a slow burn. 

You hit the nail on the head with your last sentence though. The Sox got no vision and their record in evaluating talent speaks for itself. 

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Wait, you and others weren’t worried about the Twins less than a month ago. What changed??

This past weekend. 

First time I actually saw them play. Yoan Moncada is the only guy on the Sox who would be starting for the Twinkies right now. 

13 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

This past weekend. 

First time I actually saw them play. Yoan Moncada is the only guy on the Sox who would be starting for the Twinkies right now. 

Hard to take any of your opinions serious when you figured out just this past weekend that the Twins have a very good young core and will be a formidable division rival for the next several years.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

The part about the Twins isn't really true. They had the number one ranked farm system in 2014 and have just started seeing major gains recently. Their rebuild has been a slow burn. 

You hit the nail on the head with your last sentence though. The Sox got no vision and their record in evaluating talent speaks for itself. 

Its just frustrating that management isn't forced to put some definition around the term 'rebuild'. It just feels like an ambiguous time period without guideposts to inform our progress. The de facto time period seems to rely on when key prospects reach the bigs. Of course this leaves plenty of wriggle room for management to push the window back instead of a broader blueprint involving draft/development combined with smart acquisitions through trades and FA signings a la Twins and Brewers.  

They want the sox young guys to be competitive from the get go but then admit to the twins core being bad a few years.... This is the second year of these kids. We've seen improvement from moncada, giolito and bummer. Unfortunately Reynaldo has been mediocre. Pacience people. I for one want all the kids up. Rather see them fail and learn and have fun then plodding vets. 

9 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This is the part I'm losing faith in. We keep rooting for these draft picks, only for these guys to turn out to be underwhelming. I refuse to root for oodles of losses, just so we can get another Zach Collins or Carson Fulmer in the system.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Chill

29 minutes ago, Sarava said:

This is the part I'm losing faith in. We keep rooting for these draft picks, only for these guys to turn out to be underwhelming. I refuse to root for oodles of losses, just so we can get another Zach Collins or Carson Fulmer in the system.

I understand the idea behind the rebuild, but I don't like the idea that game results don't matter. When I go to the park or watch on TV, I am not going to be root for a loss. There is no point in that. Besides, we keep hearing about the young talent the organization has. I am not going to get excited about a high draft pick that may not pan out.

26 minutes ago, Sarava said:

I agree with that. Drafting is a science but you have to have some luck too. A lot of the times the sox have drafted high there's not much to choose from. Hasn't been impact players lately that are sure fire things. Its what you do to get the best. The problem with the sox too is that they have no organizational philosophy. What is our goal? Pitching and defense? High OBP guys? Speed? Power? That gives a direction to the org. I only wish someone would convince jerry to spend on drafting, scouting, analytics and latin America. At the end you'll save more money and make more than forking out on aging and plooding vets.

10 hours ago, greg775 said:

To those who live in Chicago ... are people embracing the tank? Are the Sox generating any buzz in the local sports scene? Are they relegated to 10 seconds on the sportscasts or popular? Has the team finally become an afterthought, almost like a minor league team compared to the Cubs?

It came out this week that Cubs online stories for the Tribune generate 10-15 times more page views than White Sox stories.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

It came out this week that Cubs online stories for the Tribune generate 10-15 times more page views than White Sox stories.

Trib barely has a Sox beat writer, a lot of that is their own fault.

• Like 2