Embrace The Tank!!!

OneDog847

3 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Rodon was a good draft pick?  Could’ve fooled me.  Also, Collins hasn’t proven anything yet and the jury is still out on whether he’s a catcher or DH/1B.

rodin. was a good draft pick. he was a good MLB pitcher.  you cant run a draft afraid if who might get injured unless they have a long history.

Collins hasn't proven anything, neither has burger either way. See how that works.

who cares if he is a catcher/1B/DH if he continues to hit as he has throughout the minors. obviously he's more valuable as a catcher but an 800 OPS player is valuable.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

rodin. was a good draft pick. he was a good MLB pitcher.  you cant run a draft afraid if who might get injured unless they have a long history.

Collins hasn't proven anything, neither has burger either way. See how that works.

who cares if he is a catcher/1B/DH if he continues to hit as he has throughout the minors. obviously he's more valuable as a catcher but an 800 OPS player is valuable.

Rodon has a career 4.08 ERA and is always injured.  He has been a disappointment.

Burger was in poor shape and it’s not exactly shocking that he got injured.  He was drafted as a 3B and he’s shaped like the Michelin Man.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Rodon has a career 4.08 ERA and is always injured.  He has been a disappointment.

Burger was in poor shape and it’s not exactly shocking that he got injured.  He was drafted as a 3B and he’s shaped like the Michelin Man.

if you look only at ERA which is a poor way to evaluate pitchers, he is still above average. this is including injury recovery so he was still a good MLB pitcher. that's better than many 1st round picks.

burger was not out if shape. by all accounts he was a workout machine. he's just a big guy. even if he was out of shape that really doesn't have much bearing on an achilles tendon tear. even built like the Michelin as you say, does not mean he won't hit. Look at guys like puckett, gwynn, carew or kruk.

just because you dont like the way he looked doesn't mean he won't hit.  he doesn't have a history either way.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Ouch.  You can disagree with a draft choice without getting so personal.  Besides, torn Achilles is not based on body type or how in shape you are.  Kobe Bryant tore an Achilles, was he in bad shape?  Burger was unlucky, plain and simple.

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

B1A36716-C18F-47AF-BFF5-58F40C3EE444.jpeg

he's a lot smaller than I thought from most descriptions I read of him.

as the immortal John Kruk said, "lady, I ain't no athlete, I'm a baseball player."

I wonder how Courtney Hawkins would look next to him. Now there was an athlete who of course could hit because he looked good and could do back flips. 

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, ptatc said:

he's a lot smaller than I thought from most descriptions I read of him.

as the immortal John Kruk said, "lady, I ain't no athlete, I'm a baseball player."

I wonder how Courtney Hawkins would look next to him. Now there was an athlete who of course could hit because he looked good and could do back flips. 

Hawkins, another horrible first round draft pick.  Jared Mitchell too.

Hawkins, another horrible first round draft pick.  Jared Mitchell too.

Hawkins was bad. I still think Mitchell would have worked if he hadn't ruptured his post tib tendon. that's a devastating injury for a speed guy.

I should hire you for my clinic the way you can predict who will get hurt. it will drive up the business. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Hawkins was bad. I still think Mitchell would have worked if he hadn't ruptured his post tib tendon. that's a devastating injury for a speed guy.

I should hire you for my clinic the way you can predict who will get hurt. it will drive up the business. 

I mentioned one guy getting hurt.  Meanwhile, you are trying to defend the Sox history of first round draft picks and ended up proving my point by bringing up yet another bust in Hawkins.  Hilarious.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hawks-n-Sox said:

I found this on Baseball Almanac regarding Seby's 4ks yesterday.

The Major League record for most strikeouts during a players first game ever is four. Those who have worn a "golden sombrero" and entered this record book during their debut are: Billy Sunday (May 22, 1883), Hercules Burnett (June 26, 1888), George Goetz (June 17, 1889), Rollie Naylor (September 14, 1917), Lee Bales (August 7, 1966), and Sam Ewing(September 11, 1973).

Thanks for that information.  But that wasn't the question.  What is the most strikeouts by a player AT THE START OF HIS CAREER?

13 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I mentioned one guy getting hurt.  Meanwhile, you are trying to defend the Sox history of first round draft picks and ended up proving my point by bringing up yet another bust in Hawkins.  Hilarious.

Baseball is not like a lot of other sports, the majority of first rounders are underwhelming.  Did you see Law’s 2009 redraft? It’s here.  Maybe 5 stars and 20 serviceable players in the whole thing.  You can look smart re: prospects by always betting the under.

1 hour ago, ptatc said:

Rodon himself said the other day he wants to prove that he isn't a bust for a #3 pick. If he's bringing it up, we sure as hell can.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s completely reflective of what the site has become. One horrific series and the trolls come out guns blazing.  Really sad to see what’s become of this board.

This site has become unthinkably bad.  There are some serious fans who seem to understand that the rebuild is going to suck and it's going to be trying but equally can see the positives coming out of the farm system. 

There are a ton of great posters who have been here for a long time but it seems like an excessive number of posters with the level "Starter" or lower simply came here to complain.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, OneDog847 said:

The Twins just made this Sox team look a AAA squad. This series should put to rest any thoughts that the Sox have any chance to compete this year or next. 

It is time to embrace the tank. Remember that Houston punted away 5 consecutive seasons. Minnesota has been in a rebuild since 2011. This is only year 3 of the Sox rebuild.

The Sox need to continue to stock the farm with top 5 picks.  It's time to take our losses on the chin over the next few years and hopefully we can get after it in 2022 or so. 

2022 lmao. Congrats you’ve got yourself a job for life. Just keeping pushing back. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

This site has become unthinkably bad.  There are some serious fans who seem to understand that the rebuild is going to suck and it's going to be trying but equally can see the positives coming out of the farm system. 

There are a ton of great posters who have been here for a long time but it seems like an excessive number of posters with the level "Starter" or lower simply came here to complain.

One example of “unthinkably bad” comes later in this thread by none other than you when you referred to the long-time poster GreenSox as a “troll”.  You may not agree with his point of view on Sox matters, but the guy is equal parts thoughtful and consistent with that point of view.  That provides far more value to the board than reckless name calling.  

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Fan O'Faust said:

One example of “unthinkably bad” comes later in this thread by none other than you when you referred to the long-time poster GreenSox as a “troll”.  You may not agree with his point of view on Sox matters, but the guy is equal parts thoughtful and consistent with that point of view.  That provides far more value to the board than reckless name calling.  

I'm not sure what's worse, the toxicity on this board or the guys like you who enable it.

Edited by Eloy Jiménez
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

@Moan4Yoan and @Fan O'Faust in one place.  It's like all the negativity and lack of information all in one place.

Keep this in mind before they they both take new troll usernames.

I’ve had 3 names -- Machado2Sox, Harper2Sox, and Moan4Yoan.  Obviously from my first two names, you can see why I am disappointed in the Sox front office.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

I’ve had 3 names -- Machado2Sox, Harper2Sox, and Moan4Yoan.  Obviously from my first two name, you can see why I am disappointed in the Sox front office.

And you kept them long enough for all of us to complain.  We get it, you're unhappy.  Take it up with your therapist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1