Embrace The Tank!!!

OneDog847

5 hours ago, poppysox said:

As I said...water under the bridge.  The owner isn't going to fire himself.  We need to hope they have seen the light.  I have my own problems with some of the moves we've made but they also have created a system with Anderson, Mocada, Jimenez, Giolito, Robert, Madrigal, Cease, Lopez, McCann, Tilson, Rodon, Marshall, Bummer and Colome.  That ain't all bad.

Well with Reinsdorf, who, as baseball’s longest tenured owner and who will be entering his 40th year as owner next season, and Williams & Hahn, who will enter their 20th year together next year as the top two executives in the FO, ya would have thought the lightbulb would have gone off over their heads a long time ago.  

14 minutes ago, Fan O'Faust said:

Well with Reinsdorf, who, as baseball’s longest tenured owner and who will be entering his 40th year as owner next season, and Williams & Hahn, who will enter their 20th year together next year as the top two executives in the FO, ya would have thought the lightbulb would have gone off over their heads a long time ago.  

I think fair minded people see we are getting close to turning the corner on the rebuild.  With a couple of quality pitching additions I expect us to compete for the division next year.

I do think things are better and there is some cause for optimism. But there are times when I begin believing in the team, and then they have a series like they had in Minnesota. I don't care how good the Twins are, the Sox looked just plain bad. The team still has a way to go even with the progress.

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 11:32 PM, Chicago White Sox said:

This thread sucks a big fat dick.  Like could this OneDog clown be any more excited about getting destroyed by the Twins.  The best part is advocating for more tanking when our draft record is atrocious and our player development staff is complete garbage.  Makes total sense to burn more of Moncada, Giolito, Anderson, & Eloy’s service time so we can rack up a bunch of top five picks that will help us five years from if ever.

Still, they must not give up on drafting and player development.  Must build a foundation, somehow.  Most discouraging is that they won't give up on Kenny. 

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:56 AM, Flash said:

Bingo! The Twins are but one example debunking the notion that rebuild is synonymous with waiting for years until key minor leaguers are ready. Look 90 miles north to the Brewers. They hired a 30 year old GM (Stearns) and took their lumps for a season then acquired Yelich, Moustakis and Cain as well as Grandal last year. You have to have a vision and ability to evaluate talent.

Yep. We're doomed.

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 9:46 PM, JoshPR said:

I agree. I think next year will happen like 99. They started off bad but some kids came up and played better than they won the division in 2000

That was a great time.  HRs in bunches.  Lousy pitching, save Foulke, Howry, then Buerhle in '01, but lots of home runs.

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 12:11 PM, ptatc said:

rodin. was a good draft pick. he was a good MLB pitcher.  you cant run a draft afraid if who might get injured unless they have a long history.

Collins hasn't proven anything, neither has burger either way. See how that works.

who cares if he is a catcher/1B/DH if he continues to hit as he has throughout the minors. obviously he's more valuable as a catcher but an 800 OPS player is valuable.

Should have drafted Schwarber, not Rodon.  OF/DH with home runs.  Schwarber has underachieved, true, but he's healthy.  Maybe he would have fit in better here than on N.Side and Maddon batting him leadoff or wherever.  But Rodon has underachieved more. 

• Thanks 1

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 12:24 PM, ptatc said:

if you look only at ERA which is a poor way to evaluate pitchers, he is still above average. this is including injury recovery so he was still a good MLB pitcher. that's better than many 1st round picks.

burger was not out if shape. by all accounts he was a workout machine. he's just a big guy. even if he was out of shape that really doesn't have much bearing on an achilles tendon tear. even built like the Michelin as you say, does not mean he won't hit. Look at guys like puckett, gwynn, carew or kruk.

just because you dont like the way he looked doesn't mean he won't hit.  he doesn't have a history either way.

True.  I'll include Juan Uribe on Mt. Rushmore of White Sox SS with Appling and Aparicio.  One of Kenny's best ever acquisitions.    

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 3:06 PM, ptatc said:

again I will need to hire you for the clinic since you can predict the players that will bust due to injury. 

just because they get injured doesn't mean it wasn't a good pick at the time.

you live in revisionist history just to further your agenda.

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 3:03 PM, Moan4Yoan said:

A bust is a bust is a bust.  If a guy gets drafted in the first round and never sniffs your major league roster, he’s a bust.

Agreed.