May 27 Sox-Royals 1:10 PM GRF

pcq

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Probably to make it official and suspended as opposed to staring over. It at least used to be if it wasn’t official it was a do over. But it does look like they should be able to play in a while for a while

Which I don’t get, because from the Sox perspective you’d probably rather restart this than have it be suspended through 5 

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Which I don’t get, because from the Sox perspective you’d probably rather restart this than have it be suspended through 5 

A 4 inning game vs a 9 inning game is a lot easier on the pitching staff, and makes for a shorter day for everyone,

3 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

If we have to restart it, there is an 80% chance we replay the game with a SP other than Giolito. I'll take 4 innings of our bullpen vs theirs over our SPs vs theirs (especially since KC SP always seem to mystify us). 

2 hours ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Its just weird to me because, most of us here are Sox fans because we grew up in the Chicago area or because we had family that did, and if the Sox never existed we would probably be cubs fans. Same thing with Cubs fans, they would be Sox fans if the cubs never existed. 

When I was a kid, my grandpa took me to a ton of Cubs games because the family consisted mostly of Sox fans and nobody else would go with him.

At the exact same time, we had Sox season tix so my dad took me to a ton of Sox games.

I'm not sure how this happened, but even though I thoroughly enjoyed going to both, I only cared about the Sox. Attending Cub games was fun enough, watching MLB and being in an MLB ballpark and enjoying my grandfather buying me stuff. I only cared about the Sox results however. I pretended for him to want the Cubs to win but didn't really care. My poor grandfather. Once we moved to the suburbs (he moved there also as his wife died) he was surrounded by Sox fans and I got older and went to Sox games with my own friends. Poor gramps. I shoulda kept going to some Cub games with him, but kids can be kinda selfish. Young and dumb.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

DVS says it’s doubtful that they play tonight due to the field conditions. Still am puzzled by the 5:30 restart despite the radar.

I think they were hoping for a 10 minute window to get the game to official status.

4 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

You are correct. And to your prior post, I get it but the window seemed too tight

What is the rule? (it’s 0044 in England and I’m too tired to look it up myself.)

Edited by Colinski

22 minutes ago, Colinski said:

What is the rule? (it’s 0044 in England and I’m too tired to look it up myself.)

I think they suspend it if it's through the 5th and tied.. Bunch of other circumstances too (if the visiting team took the lead in the inning it was suspended and it is the 6th inning or later).

Edited by GreenSox

Game suspended, to be resumed at 4:40 Chicago time Tuesday with the Sox batting.

Fourth game either postponed or suspended this year so far for the Sox. Three of those have been at home. They have also had three other games shortened / completed due to bad weather, one of those was at home (vs. Toronto-5 innings W). Others in New York (7 innings W) and Cleveland (6 innings-L).

Edited by Lip Man 1

39 minutes ago, greg775 said:

When I was a kid, my grandpa took me to a ton of Cubs games because the family consisted mostly of Sox fans and nobody else would go with him.

At the exact same time, we had Sox season tix so my dad took me to a ton of Sox games.

I'm not sure how this happened, but even though I thoroughly enjoyed going to both, I only cared about the Sox. Attending Cub games was fun enough, watching MLB and being in an MLB ballpark and enjoying my grandfather buying me stuff. I only cared about the Sox results however. I pretended for him to want the Cubs to win but didn't really care. My poor grandfather. Once we moved to the suburbs (he moved there also as his wife died) he was surrounded by Sox fans and I got older and went to Sox games with my own friends. Poor gramps. I shoulda kept going to some Cub games with him, but kids can be kinda selfish. Young and dumb.

Dawww. Yeah you never realize how great going to MLB games are as a kid until you get older. Great memories.

• Like 1