Fulmer 26th man

ChiSox59

1 minute ago, wegner said:

I know I am out on an island  maybe by myself, but I still have hope that he will be a serviceable piece of the Sox bullpen.  Throw strikes Carson!!

When it comes to bullpen arms, you just never know. I hope he figures it out. If not, on to the next guy.

8 minutes ago, wegner said:

I know I am out on an island  maybe by myself, but I still have hope that he will be a serviceable piece of the Sox bullpen.  Throw strikes Carson!!

Its definitely too early to give up on him.  This is has last option year though, so he best figure it out soon.  Would frankly prefer him in Chicago to Minaya.  

• Like 1

The White Sox offered Eloy Jimenez a long term contract this spring. He accepted the contract and was on the Opening day roster. The White Sox also offered a long term contract to Dylan Cease, and he declined the contract. Cease is still in the Minors. I can't help but wonder if Cease had signed the contract, he would be pitching for the White Sox now.  Seems crazy that the team keeps calling up stiffs like Fulmer and won't bring up Cease.

23 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

The White Sox offered Eloy Jimenez a long term contract this spring. He accepted the contract and was on the Opening day roster. The White Sox also offered a long term contract to Dylan Cease, and he declined the contract. Cease is still in the Minors. I can't help but wonder if Cease had signed the contract, he would be pitching for the White Sox now.  Seems crazy that the team keeps calling up stiffs like Fulmer and won't bring up Cease.

your answer is yes and no if cease signs the deal there are no service issues and he will be up sooner rather than later. However, I'm not sure it would be this early.  Definitely by the All star break though. 

1 hour ago, WBWSF said:

Not that many pitchers skip AAA.  Cease only has 5 starts in AAA and only had 3 in AA.  Regardless of the contract, I think it makes sense they give him 15 or so starts in AAA rather than rush him up.  

23 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Hopefully Gio can go 7 innings tonight and we won't need Fulmer, and/or the offense comes alive and we are up by so many runs it won't matter if Fulmer comes in or not.

More likely is that we get 5 innings in and have a rain-shortened game. Hopefully Gio is bringing it again. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

10 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Here you go dude. "Release this stuff AND failed first round draft pick." Hope you are happy. Have a good evening.

Someday you'll learn how the game actually works.  Actually, you probably won't.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, elrockinMT said:

Stats are pretty good at Charlotte. Maybe if he could get it figured out like Giolito has then we would have something again 

I would be nice...but that delivery has been tinkered with so much and at times is so awkward looking that I don't see how he can maintain a consistent release point and I think that's where so much of his issues come from.

9 hours ago, GreenSox said:

Fulmer needs to up his tempo.  Good lord he's slow.

The worse some guys pitch the slower they pitch.  I have a pet peeve about this.  Show these guys some Buehrle film or point out on the mound while Gio is pitching.  Not surprisingly, the defense behind them would improve as well.

6 hours ago, elrockinMT said:

Stats are pretty good at Charlotte. Maybe if he could get it figured out like Giolito has then we would have something again 

He still walks 5.4 batters per 9 innings. Same old Carson. Only difference in AAA is that he can throw it past guys to work out of his own jams. He K's 13 batters per 9 in Charlotte. He can't do that in the big leagues.

Nothing has changed with who he is... and I see no reason to suspect that it will at this point. If he does become a valuable reliever, it will almost assuredly be elsewhere. 

13 hours ago, poppysox said:

The worse some guys pitch the slower they pitch.  I have a pet peeve about this.  Show these guys some Buehrle film or point out on the mound while Gio is pitching.  Not surprisingly, the defense behind them would improve as well.

this the catch 22. Giolito did not start pitching quickly until he started pitching well and gained confidence.

I'm not sure a pitcher going poorly can pitch quickly.