5/29 Sox vs Royals

DirtySox

Just now, SoxBlanco said:

I missed his excellent start a month ago, where he struck out 14 over six innings. How did that happen? Doesn’t seem possible with how he’s looked lately. Was his slider working that day?

His stuff honestly didn't look THAT amazing that day, though he had command of his fastball. Main thing was just he was playing against Detroit. FWIW Fry, Herrera, and Colome all had 2Ks in an IP each too

Just now, SouthWallace said:

Accident or no, total coincidence or not, nipping it in the bud instantly was the right thing to do IMO. 

Fair enough: My problem (and this is me reading into the situation) is that I only think the ump threw the pitcher out because it caught Anderson in the head. But I agree, you don't want to let it spiral out of control.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

1 on, nobody out, and you think Sparkman threw a changeup at Anderson's head on the second pitch on purpose? 

With first base open yes. This was his 1st at bat since the whole shindig right? Odds of him getting hit there are like 0. Change up gave Sparkman plausible deniability. 

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

2 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

With first base open yes. This was his 1st at bat since the whole shindig right? Odds of him getting hit there are like 0. Change up gave Sparkman plausible deniability. 

first base wasn't open.

3 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

The Royals best hitter nearly got hit in the head.  Royals sent a message.  The changeup was so no one gets killed.

Edited by poppysox

• bmags unpinned this topic