5/29 Sox vs Royals

DirtySox

Just now, wegner said:

Colome looks awesome.  I am not saying to trade him but it only takes one team that thinks they are a closer away from a world series to net a good prospect.  

Boston sure could use him.

And if they wanted Kimbrel back, they would have signed him by now.

4 minutes ago, Fan O'Faust said:

Yankees pried Gleyber Torres away from our friends on the north side for the privilege of just three months of Aroldis Chapman.  Granted, Chapman still was a tier above Colome, but the way Colome is going about his business so far this year, who knows?

Chapman and his 103 mph fastball had a ton more perceived value as a lockdown closer than Colome ever will, regardless of the additional year of control.  The Cubs might not even win the WS with Colome over Chapman.

4 minutes ago, wegner said:

Colome looks awesome.  I am not saying to trade him but it only takes one team that thinks they are a closer away from a world series to net a good prospect.  

If Colome is traded (which I hope is not the case) I just hope he brings more than another bust like Blake Rutherford.

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Chapman and his 103 mph fastball had a ton more perceived value as a lockdown closer than Colome ever will, regardless of the additional year of control.  The Cubs might not even win the WS with Colome over Chapman.

He was a 3 month rental.  Colome you get another year and he's cheap.  There are several teams that need closers right now.

2 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

He was a 3 month rental.  Colome you get another year and he's cheap.  There are several teams that need closers right now.

I guess we shall see.  I have no doubt he will be traded.  I said in the past I would be happy with a guy like Ian Happ for Colome so if Hahn can do better than that I’ll be happy.

Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Hold on to Colome, sign Kimbrel and you have one of the best 8th/9th inning combos in MLB.

The Sox are not signing Kimbrel who will have a list off suitors a week from now.

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

Those #'s were helped quite a bit in there terribleness by Ricky.  If he pulls Lopez after 5 we shrug and say not terrible.  I'll give him that.

Except he was doing poorly and getting incredibly lucky before the 6th even started. Plus, he only had 88 pitches. I don't see where the protocol is to automatically pull a healthy pitcher at that point. Lopez should be able to navigate through an inning vs 5-6-7 in the lineup of a terrible baseball team. 

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Hold on to Colome, sign Kimbrel and you have one of the best 8th/9th inning combos in MLB.

We may all disagree on what Colome will net in a trade but he will definitely be traded and the Sox will not be paying Kimbrel.

I turned off the game. When I first saw the score flash on my phone as "Final: 8-7"... I shit a brick before I saw that we were the team who put up 8. 

Thank god we didn't lose. 

Edited by Richie

1 minute ago, Richie said:

Except he was doing poorly and getting incredibly lucky before the 6th even started. Plus, he only had 88 pitches. I don't see where the protocol is to automatically pull a healthy pitcher at that point. Lopez should be able to navigate through an inning vs 5-6-7 in the lineup of a terrible baseball team. 

You could be blind and see he had nothing left.  

4 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I guess we shall see. Hopefully RH goes all in after the Sox sweep the Indians.

I really hope Hahn doesn’t pull another Shields move and go all in, even if the Sox beat another mediocre team.  The good team in the division ran a train on the Sox.  Every time the Sox sniff .500, they fall back down.  They just aren’t good enough yet.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I really hope Hahn doesn’t pull another Shields move and go all in, even if the Sox beat another mediocre team.  The good team in the division ran a train on the Sox.

I’m not advocating for a trade. I’m advocating for a 1 year deal with Keuchel, which he is supposedly interested in, and a multi year deal for Kimbrel. No prospect or draft pick lost in either of those transactions starting next week. Pitching is this team’s greatest need. No better way to address it than signing a mid rotation starter and a hall of fame closer.

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I’m not advocating for a trade. I’m advocating for a 1 year deal with Keuchel, which he is supposedly interested in, and a multi year deal for Kimbrel. No prospect or draft pick lost in either of those transactions starting next week. Pitching is this team’s greatest need. No better way to address it than signing a mid rotation starter and a hall of fame closer.

The Sox won’t spend the money.  Just watch.  We only acquire cheaper bums like Alonso, Jay, Nova, and Santana.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

• bmags unpinned this topic
10 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

The Sox won’t spend the money.  Just watch.  We only acquire cheaper bums like Alonso, Jay, Nova, and Santana.

there us no need for him in this team. they aren't really good enough this year. A 1 year does nothing to help this team for when they should be competitive over the next couple of years. 

the only reason to sign him us to appease the fans which I guess does have some value. it would be good for public opinion.