5/29 Sox vs Royals

DirtySox

3 minutes ago, Real said:

My prediction: Lopez hasn't made any changes or adjustments to his delivery/mechanics and gives up at least 4 runs in the first 6 innings

4 runs in 6 would be an improvement.

• bmags pinned this topic
28 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Has any reporter asked him why he keeps batting Alonso 4 with how bad he has been?  This is so frustrating.

He's there because he's the only left handed, power bat the Sox have. And you all wonder why I obsess over the need for a middle of the order, left handed bat. Well, that is your answer; so we don't have to watch Yonder's total ineptitude. This organization has long stated that it was a need, but they have not managed to find the right player. More ineptitude and it's getting pretty tiresome. And, the next impact bat, that will likely join this lineup is Robert, another RH hitter. I'm guessing that they are still hopeful that Alonso gets back to what he has been the last couple of years, which would be acceptable. But, I'm not holding my breath. In any case, at some point they will have to deal with the possibility that his option vests. 

Edited by Lillian
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lillian said:

He's there because he's the only left handed, power bat the Sox have. And you all wonder why I obsess over the need for a middle of the order, left handed bat. Well, that is your answer; so we don't have to watch Yonder's total ineptitude. This organization has long stated that it was a need, but they have not managed to find the right player. More ineptitude and it's getting pretty tiresome.

He's not even a power bat though.  He's hit over 25 HR one time in his career.

Just now, ScooterMcGee said:

Literally the only issue I have with the lineup is Yonder...and if thats it then I can live with that. Just kind of finny our worst hitter is our designated....hitter....

story of the decade.

2 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

He's not even a power bat though.  He's hit over 25 HR one time in his career.

You're right, but he's all we've got. That's why I'm hoping that they give Palka another shot.

3 minutes ago, bubba phillips said:

Christmas Eve.  Alonso is still in the lineup and still batting cleanup.  Boy, that Renteria is a stubborn bastard.

At this point, it has to be that.  Like why continue to run him out there in the 4th spot?  Alonso himself has to think its a sick joke at this point.  

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

At this point, it has to be that.  Like why continue to run him out there in the 4th spot?  Alonso himself has to think its a sick joke at this point.  

I get you want to have some balance in your lineup. But give me the best 9 guys. Righty on righty splits aren't as extreme as lefty on lefty it seems anyway.

14 minutes ago, Lillian said:

You're right, but he's all we've got. That's why I'm hoping that they give Palka another shot.

Dude has a .591 OPS.  Yolmer would be a better DH than Alonso right now and I can’t stand Yolmer.

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Dude has a .591 OPS.  Yolmer would be a better DH than Alonso right now and I can’t stand Yolmer.

Honestly, go with Palka, Delmonico, Skole, or Collins (while getting 1B and C at bats as well). Those first 3 likely aren't a part of the future but neither is Alonso.

Edited by soxfan2014

57 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Alonso still in the 4-spot. At what point do you think they decide to cut him? End of June?

Ricky hasn't gotten the memo about dropping Alonso to seventh in the line up.

6 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Honestly, go with Palka, Delmonico, Skole, or Collins (while getting 1B and C at bats as well). Those first 3 likely aren't a part of the future but neither is Alonso.

Go with Delmonico...at least I like him.

11 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

I get you want to have some balance in your lineup. But give me the best 9 guys. Righty on righty splits aren't as extreme as lefty on lefty it seems anyway.

This is probably just due to the necessity that most right handlers be decent against RHP to be proficient big leaguers.

• bmags unpinned this topic