5/29 Sox vs Royals

DirtySox

1 hour ago, Lillian said:

He's there because he's the only left handed, power bat the Sox have. And you all wonder why I obsess over the need for a middle of the order, left handed bat. Well, that is your answer; so we don't have to watch Yonder's total ineptitude. This organization has long stated that it was a need, but they have not managed to find the right player. More ineptitude and it's getting pretty tiresome. And, the next impact bat, that will likely join this lineup is Robert, another RH hitter. I'm guessing that they are still hopeful that Alonso gets back to what he has been the last couple of years, which would be acceptable. But, I'm not holding my breath. In any case, at some point they will have to deal with the possibility that his option vests. 

Surely, you jest.  (and don't call me Shirley :)). (Airplane, circa 1980)

Remember, over the winter, when the Phillies owner said he would spend "stupid money" to build a championship team?  Reinsdorf said something similar:  "I will spend money stupidly" .

They both delivered.

Edited by bubba phillips

1 hour ago, Lillian said:

He's there because he's the only left handed, power bat the Sox have. And you all wonder why I obsess over the need for a middle of the order, left handed bat. Well, that is your answer; so we don't have to watch Yonder's total ineptitude. 

Yet you didn't want Bryce Harper. I still don't understand that

1 hour ago, Jose Abreu said:

Actually, I stated several times, that I preferred Harper to Machado. Nevertheless, neither one of them are living up to their contracts, It's early, but it isn't looking good.

4 minutes ago, Lillian said:

Actually, I stated several times, that I preferred Harper to Machado. Nevertheless, neither one of them are living up to their contracts, It's early, but it isn't looking good.

From what I remember, you did prefer Harper to Machado but also preferred neither, if given the choice. Correct me if I'm wrong though 

1 hour ago, Jose Abreu said:

That being said, the Sox decision to not sign either Harper or Machado looks pretty wise at this point. 

Harper: .232/.449/.807 111 wRC+

Machado: .266/.439/.788 110 wRC+

Is that worth $300M? 

For reference:

Moncada: .278/.478/.811 117 wRC+

Abreu: .255/.505/.812 112 wRC+

3 hours ago, SoxAce said:

I don't know why Ricky doesn't leave Tilson in the leadoff spot. 

Theres yer answer. Leadoff hit for Leury and they just showed a graphic where he is in the top 5 of most successful leadoff hitters currently in the league.

• bmags unpinned this topic