Colome remains with White Sox, who always had ample interest in him

Sockin

If I am a Braves fan I am super pissed right now. Their window is now and they have a great team down there with a new stadium. Kimbrell is home grown talent that would have filled your largest need. 

Anyway a Newcomb+Contreras package seems fair. 

4 minutes ago, kwill said:

If I am a Braves fan I am super pissed right now. Their window is now and they have a great team down there with a new stadium. Kimbrell is home grown talent that would have filled your largest need. 

Anyway a Newcomb+Contreras package seems fair. 

Willy’s little brother would be nice but Newcomb as well?  For 1.5 years of Colome?  That might be getting a little greedy.

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

I dont know that anyone is gonna jump ahead of July. Plenty of teams to buy from.

The rumblings have been that since July 31st is now the one and only deadline (no more waiver trades up to August 31st), teams may jump to make trades earlier than normal.

For anyone not aware...

http://m.mlb.com/glossary/transactions/trade-deadline

“As of 2019, the July 31 Trade Deadline is the only trade deadline. Players may still be placed and claimed on outright waivers after July 31, but trades will no longer be permitted after that date. With regards to newly acquired players, the Aug. 31 postseason roster deadline remains in effect.”

Edited by Moan4Yoan

11 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Willy’s little brother would be nice but Newcomb as well?  For 1.5 years of Colome?  That might be getting a little greedy.

Yeah people are setting themselves up for disappointment with the targets being suggested.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yeah people are setting themselves up for disappointment with the targets being suggested.

If they can't get a decent prospect for Colome they should keep him. It does no good to trade him for another Rutherford type. 

They need to get a guy in the 40-75 range on the T100 lists in order for it to be worth it. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If they can't get a decent prospect for Colome they should keep him. It does no good to trade him for another Rutherford type. 

Agreed, but also expecting to get one of the best OF prospects (e.g. Pache) in baseball for 1.5 years of Colome is not exactly realistic.

11 minutes ago, NotHahn said:

Or Christian Pache

I guess we can always point to the Cubs giving up their top prospect for 3 months of Chapman but I don’t see the Braves going balls out like the Cubs did.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

18 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

They need to get a guy in the 40-75 range on the T100 lists in order for it to be worth it. 

Rutherford was ranked 30th on the MLB T100 list at the time of the trade.  Be careful what you wish for.

CHICAGO - The Chicago White Sox have acquired outfielder Blake Rutherford, the No. 30 prospect in baseball according to MLB.com, left-handed pitcher Ian Clarkin, outfielder Tito Polo and right-hander Tyler Clippard from the New York Yankees in exchange for third baseman Todd Frazier and right-handers Tommy Kahnle and David Robertson.”

Edited by Moan4Yoan

14 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Agreed. And it’s gotta be a guy in at least AA

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

Rutherford was ranked 30th on the MLB T100 list at the time of the trade.

FG had him there too, and still regarded him as a top prospect after the trade.  People on here think he was a nothing at the time which couldn't be further from the truth.

1 minute ago, BackDoorBreach said:

FG had him there too, and still regarded him as a top prospect after the trade.  People on here think he was a nothing at the time which couldn't be further from the truth.

True, but his numbers still stunk and he had shown no power.  It seemed he was ranked high mostly due to his draft position.

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

True, but his numbers still stunk and he had shown no power.  It seemed he was ranked high mostly due to his draft position.

It was also his first few months in the minors I believe but yes there were power questions.

Still, it is not unreasonable that we could land someone in the 50-60 range for Colome.  Lots of teams need pen help.