Colome remains with White Sox, who always had ample interest in him

Sockin

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

Methinks teams might be more interested in Bummer than Colome.

If trading bummer gets you closer to winning a division in 2020 you do it. If not you don't. I don't think either of those guys will get that return, but I'm willing to be proven wrong. 

10 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Methinks teams might be more interested in Bummer than Colome.

If we're going to start trading players with 5 years of control remaining, where does it end?  Why not just trade Giolito?  I mean, I bet teams are interested in him too.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

If we're going to start trading players with 5 years of control remaining, where does it end?  Why not just trade Giolito?  I mean, I bet teams are interested in him too.

There's a huge difference between Lucas Giolito and Aaron Bummer

20 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Do you realize there are new wave trade-happy fans who actively would be glad to trade Bummer, Colome and after last night Herrera, as well as Abreu, McCann Alonso (obviously he's worth nothing) and Leury all in the name of flipping. That could re-stack the system with prospects to develop and talk about.

Edited by greg775
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Trader Dipoto was on Seattle radio yesterday and said the same.  Not only do you not have many contenders, most of the contenders are so far ahead of their competition there's not a lot of pressure to add a bat or arm.  It's probably smart to just hold Colome unless some team is desperate and overpays, which seems incredibly unlikely right now.

Things can change obviously the Yankees for instance might start feeling some pressure.

Every team can use a quality bullpen arm.  Just need one team with a plethora of outfielders in their system.

On 6/14/2019 at 12:22 PM, Timmy U said:

Ask yourself if the Sox should have traded Jace Fry last year or this offseason, and you've answered your own question. Bullpen pieces, no matter how much control, should be sold high in a non-competitive season. It all depends on the return. They're so volatile from season to season. Imagine if they traded Fry last year for a T100. We'd be lauding Hahn for that. Depending on the return, any of our bullpen performers should be on the table. For all we know, Bummer could absolutely suck next year. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Ask yourself if the Sox should have traded Jace Fry last year or this offseason, and you've answered your own question. Bullpen pieces, no matter how much control, should be sold high in a non-competitive season. It all depends on the return. 

Fry never looked like Bummer.  Sure, if you get the equivalent of Gleybar Torres for him, sure.  If you get a prospect in the area of Tilson, Cordell, Medeiros, etc., then no way.

2 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Fry never looked like Bummer.  Sure, if you get the equivalent of Gleybar Torres for him, sure.  If you get a prospect in the area of Tilson, Cordell, Medeiros, etc., then no way.

They're not getting a Torres level prospect, but if they can get a T50+ lotto ticket they should consider it. 

1 hour ago, Joshua Strong said:

Teams looking for closers/bullpen help: Braves, Phillies, Red Sox, Rays, and the Dodgers. The Cubs are too but they said they’re looking for a LHP

Does one of them have a spare right fielder hanging around?

Just now, poppysox said:

Do I dare bring up my pal in Tampa Bay? Imagine his production in our lineup? I do realize he constantly has hammy problems. I wish trainers would help him out more with that.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Do I dare bring up my pal in Tampa Bay? Imagine his production in our lineup? I do realize he constantly has hammy problems. I wish trainers would help him out more with that.

I thought of him but that would just be wrong to trade someone good to get him back.

21 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Yeah an outfielder would be nice, but so would a SP but I think the Sox should throw need out of the window and just take the best package they can get for Colomé. 

51 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Ask yourself if the Sox should have traded Jace Fry last year or this offseason, and you've answered your own question. Bullpen pieces, no matter how much control, should be sold high in a non-competitive season. It all depends on the return. They're so volatile from season to season. Imagine if they traded Fry last year for a T100. We'd be lauding Hahn for that. Depending on the return, any of our bullpen performers should be on the table. For all we know, Bummer could absolutely suck next year. 

Honestly, we're close enough and in need of bullpen pieces enough that I'd take the chance on holding guys once they have had a decent season. For every guy we trade, we're going to have to find a replacement next offseason. May as well keep the guy around assuming no one offers anything ludicrous in return. 

11 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Honestly, we're close enough and in need of bullpen pieces enough that I'd take the chance on holding guys once they have had a decent season. For every guy we trade, we're going to have to find a replacement next offseason. May as well keep the guy around assuming no one offers anything ludicrous in return. 

I agree in principle, but they would be stupid not to listen. 

13 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

You only need one team that views them as the answer to their late innings problem.  I need to be over compensated.  Actually RH has been very good in being over compensated in trades where he has something to sell.

• Like 1

Just now, poppysox said:

You only need one team that views them as the answer to their late innings problem.  I need to be over compensated.  Actually RH has been very good in being over compensated in trades where he has something to sell.

Not relievers.

42 minutes ago, Joshua Strong said:

Yeah an outfielder would be nice, but so would a SP but I think the Sox should throw need out of the window and just take the best package they can get for Colomé. 

I don't disagree but we are at the point of trying to put the final pieces of the puzzle together.  Two pitchers and a right fielder have to come from someplace.

2 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I don't disagree but we are at the point of trying to put the final pieces of the puzzle together.  Two pitchers and a right fielder have to come from someplace.

Those pieces should come from free agency.  Trading Colome isn’t going to fill an immediate major league need.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Kody Medieros, Blake Rutherford, Ryan Cordell, Casey Gillaspie. 

I am saying that Colome is a better product. 

For the record...I like Cordell.  Needs some playing time.  Five tool player but none of the tools are elite.