Colome remains with White Sox, who always had ample interest in him

Sockin

2 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Does anyone believe in Bummer as the closer of the future?

Almost have to take that year-to-year, because relievers are so hard. I'd rather groom him to be comfortable to come into the game whenever, instead of jamming him into a one inning role though. 

36 minutes ago, bmags said:

Burdi has not been good as he has recovered from TJ. He is nearly 2 years removed, and has a 6.5 ERA in AA. Where he used to have an absolutely insane k%, it's now fairly ordinary. Add to that his command is more wild than it used to be and...well tough to trust that for a contending teams closer.

Didn't he just injure his knee also and out for the rest of the year ?

3 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Does anyone believe in Bummer as the closer of the future?

He's got the stuff and seems to have the right mentality. If not future closer, I'd consider packaging him along with Colome. Do you think Washington would part with Robles for package of Colome, Bummer and Rutherford? How about Houston/Tucker?

2 minutes ago, Flash said:

He's got the stuff and seems to have the right mentality. If not future closer, I'd consider packaging him along with Colome. Do you think Washington would part with Robles for package of Colome, Bummer and Rutherford? How about Houston/Tucker?

No, Robles is firmly installed as a major piece of Washington's current run for the playoffs and future. 

How Houston has treated Tucker is interesting and makes it seem like they would deal him, but they are Houston. I don't see them dealing him for anything other than an elite piece their player scouting loves.

45 minutes ago, bmags said:

No, Robles is firmly installed as a major piece of Washington's current run for the playoffs and future. 

How Houston has treated Tucker is interesting and makes it seem like they would deal him, but they are Houston. I don't see them dealing him for anything other than an elite piece their player scouting loves.

If you could package Abreu and Colome you might get Tucker from them. It would be worth it. Tucker would fill the RF hole, and is a LH bat. Tell Jose to go win a ring and come back in the winter. Houston's one lineup hole has been 1B for as long as I can remember. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If you could package Abreu and Colome you might get Tucker from them. It would be worth it. Tucker would fill the RF hole, and is a LH bat. Tell Jose to go win a ring and come back in the winter. Houston's one lineup hole has been 1B for as long as I can remember. 

I'd do that in a heartbeat, which tells me that Houston wouldn't. 

I know Tucker was terrible in a brief stint, but Jake Marisnick is not that good, and Reddick and Brantley are old. They have to have some sort of plan of Tucker replacing one of those guys sooner or later I would imagine. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I like this option, but I'm not sure Jose is the type to agree to it. He may want to stick it out and win here as a lifer. 

3 minutes ago, mqr said:

I'd do that in a heartbeat, which tells me that Houston wouldn't. 

I know Tucker was terrible in a brief stint, but Jake Marisnick is not that good, and Reddick and Brantley are old. They have to have some sort of plan of Tucker replacing one of those guys sooner or later I would imagine. 

You don't know that, I said "might." It completely depends on how much they've soured on Tucker and how much they want to win now. 

54 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

They've moved things around to cover for Correa being out so he played 3b yesterday, but Yuli Gurriel has homered in 5 straight games and has 7 home runs in his last 7 games, so his stats are only a tiny tick below Abreu. Especially now that Yordan Alvarez is up and will likely be filling their DH spot...Abreu only has value to them if there's another injury.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Interesting to say the least. I’m not thrilled about moving both those guys, but those are some interesting names.

Get me another mid 100 pitching prospect and I'm game. I would love Dustin May. That fucking hair man.

Honestly, I'm dealing Bummer before Colome (although I'm open to dealing both, fore sure)... Have to capitalize on him, I'm not so sure he can keep up his current performance.... Plus I'm a fan of always dealing relievers in career years.  Yeah you may get burned once and a while, but the odds are in favor of dealing relievers rather than keeping them, especially in a situation like ours.

Edited by Soxnfins

1 hour ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Fraud? He had the Pederson deal. Not his fault (unless you ask Hahn) it fell through.

I thought he missed something fairly large not too long ago...I'm gonna take this with a grain of salt. 

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Bummer is an elite reliever. He has averaged a 2.80 FIP over the last 18 months. He just doesn‘t have the name recognition of other guys, no way am I packaging him and Colome for „only“ a top 50ish prospect.

I do that deal before the dodgers come to their senses. 

Relievers can be bought and traded for when it matters.  That isn't this summer and fall.  

Edited by chitownsportsfan