Colome remains with White Sox, who always had ample interest in him

Sockin

19 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I do that deal before the dodgers come to their senses. 

Relievers can be bought and traded for when it matters.  That isn't this summer and fall.  

Are we getting really bad rumors regarding the White Sox and Dodgers or is Andrew Friedman just not that good at dealing with Rick Hahn?

24 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Bummer is an elite reliever. He has averaged a 2.80 FIP over the last 18 months. He just doesn‘t have the name recognition of other guys, no way am I packaging him and Colome for „only“ a top 50ish prospect.

You are correct.  This package requires a HAUL.

41 minutes ago, poppysox said:

You are correct.  This package requires a HAUL.

good luck getting anything better than white the Sox got in the  Yankees deal.  I dunno what it is with some fans you guys see what the market is for relievers every damn year!  You never, ever get a "haul" for anything but the most elite of the elite and there's like 3-4 of those guys in MLB at any given time which is why they are valuable.  

Colome and Bummer have combined for 1 WAR!  Bummer has a FIP (I'm not using xFIP anymore because I don't believe Fangraphs has it adjusted to the new environment from what their own guy said) of 3.20.  Colome has a FIP of 3.99! 

Look I like them both as Sox players.  They have roles to play and are good at locking down the game but they just aren't that valuable relative to what else is out there.  Just go look at relievers on Fangraphs.  Colome and Bummer are not even close to "elite".

Perhaps ironically, for those reasons I'd be inclined to keep both.  They have more value here than a back end top 100 guy, which is the absolute most they'd get unless they decided to do something crazy and send a bunch of cash or an actual position player guy, maybe one of their "extra" OF in the high minors.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

11 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

good luck getting anything better than white the Sox got in the  Yankees deal.  I dunno what it is with some fans you guys see what the market is for relievers every damn year!  You never, ever get a "haul" for anything but the most elite of the elite and there's like 3-4 of those guys in MLB at any given time which is why they are valuable.  

Colome and Bummer have combined for 1 WAR!  Bummer has a FIP (I'm not using xFIP anymore because I don't believe Fangraphs has it adjusted to the new environment from what their own guy said) of 3.20.  Colome has a FIP of 3.99! 

Look I like them both as Sox players.  They have roles to play and are good at locking down the game but they just aren't that valuable relative to what else is out there.  Just go look at relievers on Fangraphs.  Colome and Bummer are not even close to "elite".

Perhaps ironically, for those reasons I'd be inclined to keep both.  They have more value here than a back end top 100 guy, which is the absolute most they'd get unless they decided to do something crazy and send a bunch of cash or an actual position player guy, maybe one of their "extra" OF in the high minors.

I agree. But what would it take for you to part with them. I think they are more valuable to us then they will be on the trade market but all it takes is one stupid team to give up enough to part ways with them.

8 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm more than fine with keeping both of them.  My feeling is that if you have a team that on paper is going far in the playoffs...two quality relievers of this stature make any of those teams heavy favorites.  Again...it only takes one team to think these guys are the missing peace.  By the way...the Yankees deal was partially done to get the relief of Frasier's salary and half ass play.

Just now, yesterday333 said:

I agree. But what would it take for you to part with them. I think they are more valuable to us then they will be on the trade market but all it takes is one stupid team to give up enough to part ways with them.

any top 50 guy, gimme number 50.  Just not some random A ball guy ranked #90.  Closer to MLB ready the better.  Any SS out there?  We need SS in the system.

35 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

any top 50 guy, gimme number 50.  Just not some random A ball guy ranked #90.  Closer to MLB ready the better.  Any SS out there?  We need SS in the system.

That wouldn't do it for me and I bet it doesn't do it for Hahn.  We will see soon.

Oh man, I'm going to get grilled for this.

Colome for Addison Russel.  The Cubs are going to unload him at some point with guys like Bote on the roster and Hoerner coming up.  Russel is the odd man out here and would be a change of scenery guy in my opinion, even though he'd be in the same town same media.  Do you do it?  I think I would.  He can play a few spots, has some pop, and would be better than Leury/Yolmer utility guys.  Of course this was all thought of with Coors in my veins and the Cubs Encore playing in the background.  But I'm doing this if it comes up.  Of course it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for the Cubs but I'm going to channel Theo to make this happen.

11 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Colome for Addison Russel.  The Cubs are going to unload him at some point with guys like Bote on the roster and Hoerner coming up.  Russel is the odd man out here and would be a change of scenery guy in my opinion, even though he'd be in the same town same media.  Do you do it?  I think I would.  He can play a few spots, has some pop, and would be better than Leury/Yolmer utility guys.  Of course this was all thought of with Coors in my veins and the Cubs Encore playing in the background.  But I'm doing this if it comes up.  Of course it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for the Cubs but I'm going to channel Theo to make this happen.

This trade would make me so angry that ironically it would make me want to go home and beat up my wife 😂.

I’d not do this from a value or a moral stand point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Fuck no.  We don’t need that douche in our clubhouse and he doesn’t even fill a pressing need for us.

3 hours ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Take the jag bag stuff off the table it's still a dreadful idea.  Career .705 ops with a glove that's consistently declined since they won?  No thanks.  Even at his peak in 2016, his ops+ was still below average.

Also, you gotta think if the Sox were ever interested in the guy, they'd probably be able to get him for significantly less.

4 hours ago, Colinski said:

This trade would make me so angry that ironically it would make me want to go home and beat up my wife 😂.

Thats not funny. Wtf

Edited by Spicygar
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Colinski said:

This is a joke that should not have been told.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Colinski said:

Yeah because slightly offensive jokes made ironically are never funny. 🙄

I don't believe that's an official violation of site rules, but I would like to say that you have now told everyone exactly what kind of person you are.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I don't believe that's an official violation of site rules, but I would like to say that you have now told everyone exactly what kind of person you are.

Someone who has a darker sense of humour than you ? Because if you can ascertain anything else from a joke you hold some special skills that most don’t possess. 

7 hours ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Gtfoooooooooo.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mqr said:

Gtfoooooooooo.

Yea fuck that.  Was listening to some Chicago sports talk radio the other day and a Cubs beat guy said Addison is like a dark cloud hovering over the clubhouse. Shunned by team and media alike.  We don't need that and IMO that POS should be out of the league or should have faced a full 162 game ban.

Plus he's now dogshit on the field.   He has an OPS+ around 80 the last two seasons.   Pass.

13 minutes ago, Colinski said:

Someone who has a darker sense of humour than you ? Because if you can ascertain anything else from a joke you hold some special skills that most don’t possess. 

I think you are missing that what you said is not funny nor a joke. So this is clearly not a dark sense of humor it's you lacking common decency.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Spicygar said:

I think you are missing that what you said is not funny nor a joke. So this is clearly not a dark sense of humor it's you lacking common decency.

In your opinion not funny. 

But enough of this, I’m not going to spend any more time defending a joke on the internet. It’s a waste of everyone’s time.

Edited by Colinski

21 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Yea fuck that.  Was listening to some Chicago sports talk radio the other day and a Cubs beat guy said Addison is like a dark cloud hovering over the clubhouse. Shunned by team and media alike.  We don't need that and IMO that POS should be out of the league or should have faced a full 162 game ban.

Plus he's now dogshit on the field.   He has an OPS+ around 80 the last two seasons.   Pass.

No idea why they haven’t launched him. Signing say kareem hunt sucks but at least it makes sense that he’s good at his job.