Colome remains with White Sox, who always had ample interest in him

Sockin

2 hours ago, steveno89 said:

Yikes that is a really high asking price. Lux is not getting moved, he's a top 20 prospect in the game right now. May is not far behind that either.

Gray is a guy they could potentially deal, who should appear as a backend top 100 prospect on updated lists.

After seeing what Miller and Chapman brought to the Yankees, the Pirates should not move Vazquez without someone in the top 20 coming back + other pieces.

He's under team control for longer than Andrew Miller was, he's younger, and he's paid less per year. The Pirates can wait 2 years with him and if he keeps pitching like this he'd still be worth a top 20 prospect. 

3 hours ago, poppysox said:

Inevitable.

Bummer won't be dealt but Colome to the Yankees or Dodgers, I say the Yankees. Cmon Hahn get somebody good. How bout a 3 for 3. And instead of money considerations make the Yankees take Jon Jay and Nova both. They can release them like NBA teams do after trades.

Edited by greg775

8 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Bummer won't be dealt but Colome to the Yankees or Dodgers, I say the Yankees. Cmon Hahn get somebody good. How bout a 3 for 3. And instead of money considerations make the Yankees take Jon Jay and Nova both. They can release them like NBA teams do after trades.

So you want to lower the return they get by including dead money in the deal?

6 minutes ago, greg775 said:

As much as I agree with you that I'd love to see Nova off this team, who exactly do you suggest take his spot? Unfortunately, there really isn't any other options that are remotely capable to match his performance, let alone best him (i.e. Covey, Detwiler, Despaigne, Nicolino, Santiago, Roach, etc.). I think we are stuck with him.

On 5/31/2019 at 12:20 PM, DH in the NL said:

What are realistic expectations for a guy that was traded for Omar Narvaez? It feels like teams would be looking at Colome as a guy they could get for nothing 

Then they haven't been paying attention.

21 minutes ago, Flash said:

Been following mock trades and none of the trade pubs seem to be discussing Colome or Bummer. Not sure if thats a deliberate stealthy move by Hahn or oversight by pundits but this trade season is really moving slowly.

The trade season is clearly moving very slowly. We're a week from a hard trade deadline and Andrew Cashner and Martin Maldando have been the biggest names moved.  Major yawn.  

15 minutes ago, Flash said:

Seems like several Braves pitching prospects have slid back over last year or so (Wentz, Allard, Gohura). 

Would be nice to grab one of those guys in a deal for Colome.  All LHP as well.  

57 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Would be nice to grab one of those guys in a deal for Colome.  All LHP as well.  

Gohara is a roll of the dice worth taking. Awful body and hasn't pitched since 2018 but he's shown he can strike out major leaguers. If he checks out physically, he might be a steal.

18 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

I am actually suprised there hasn't been much movement considering how many teams need help/hard deadline.  I'd have to imagine we start seeing some smoke in the next couple days.

Asking prices must be through the roof. There's a lot of decent arms that could/should be available.