Colome remains with White Sox, who always had ample interest in him

Sockin

9 minutes ago, Joshua Strong said:

Guys on the team I would trade: Garcia, Yolmer and Colome. 

I wouldn’t trade McCann, seeing the work he’s done with Giolito, I want to see him work with Cease and Kopech. 

I kind of agree with the McCann take.  He will regress offensively but he seems to have done pretty good calling games and handling the staff to the best of his ability.  I would hope and assume they are still shopping offers on him though.

9 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

I kind of agree with the McCann take.  He will regress offensively but he seems to have done pretty good calling games and handling the staff to the best of his ability.  I would hope and assume they are still shopping offers on him though.

Thirded.

On 6/11/2019 at 2:58 PM, Flash said:

Having a reasonably young catcher performing like an All-Star on a cheap deal takes the cake and the only reason to trade him is if you believe he is going to regress in a big way. We would be hard pressed to replace his production even with Grandal (who admittedly has done it longer) at $20m+/yr. I don't understand why we wouldn't extend him. No way would I trade him.

Agreed!  Trading McCann is not what we should be doing.

9 hours ago, poppysox said:

That all depends. 

That depends on whether Hahn still considers the team to be in "talent acquisition" mode, a term he has used frequently the past couple of years.  

On 6/13/2019 at 6:11 AM, poppysox said:

It would be awesome to sell high so it really depends on what other teams are offering. He's been so value with Giolito so I tend to lean towards keeping him. Even his bad regresses his work behind the plate is just as/more important. 

I do believe you  sell high on Colome though. Has to be for a high price.

1 hour ago, soxfan2014 said:

It would be awesome to sell high so it really depends on what other teams are offering. He's been so value with Giolito so I tend to lean towards keeping him. Even his bad regresses his work behind the plate is just as/more important. 

I do believe you  sell high on Colome though. Has to be for a high price.

No reason to trade Colome unless a starting pitcher or right fielder is involved.  

I think at this point you have to deal Colome and keep bolstering up for the future.  Albeit this team is VERY exciting to watch, don't lose sight of the big picture.  If you can snag a Top 75 guy for Colome, you do it.

Edited by Soxnfins
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, poppysox said:

No reason to trade Colome unless a starting pitcher or right fielder is involved.  

If he is traded, it should be a deal like Eaton, pitching, pitching, pitching. 

Look at the current lineup up and rotation. Pitching is where help is needed more.

56 minutes ago, ptatc said:

If he is traded, it should be a deal like Eaton, pitching, pitching, pitching. 

Look at the current lineup up and rotation. Pitching is where help is needed more.

Colome would be lucky to return one player in the realm of the third best prospect in that deal, Dane Dunning.  Trading a very good OF on a cost controlled 5 year deal ($38M over 5 years) with 2 teams options on the 2 latter and most expensive years, is completely different than a trading a solid career set-up man paid appropriately and controlled for 1.5 seasons.  

I would definitely trade Colome if the they Sox can get a something interesting enough for him.  You definitely don't trade him for a Cordell, Mederios, Tilson type return.  At that point just hold him for next season.  

I suspect teams don't see Colome a lot differently than they did in the preseason and it's looking like a buyer's market right now. You should listen, but there's no reason for urgency because he may be a big part of a playoff-ready team next year.

21 minutes ago, Jake said:

I suspect teams don't see Colome a lot differently than they did in the preseason and it's looking like a buyer's market right now. You should listen, but there's no reason for urgency because he may be a big part of a playoff-ready team next year.

I agree, I really don't see Colome as netting a substantially better return than Soria (it will be better but not tiers better).

I was kinda intrigued by the idea of Joe Palumbo from texas as a return, but looking at his pitch data from his start, uhhh, he's got a nice rising fastball but his secondary stuff sucks. I don't really know the minimum return I could put together for Colome, but I don't think it will be there regardless. Like just don't let the brewers give us their trash again.

31 minutes ago, Jake said:

Trader Dipoto was on Seattle radio yesterday and said the same.  Not only do you not have many contenders, most of the contenders are so far ahead of their competition there's not a lot of pressure to add a bat or arm.  It's probably smart to just hold Colome unless some team is desperate and overpays, which seems incredibly unlikely right now.

Things can change obviously the Yankees for instance might start feeling some pressure.

I can't wait to see the Twins dump off some of their high end prospect capital to add to their horseshit bullpen they refused to spend money on.  Either that, or just get swept by the Yankees in the 1st round of the playoffs because outside of Rogers, they have a AAA-level pen. 

54 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I can't wait to see the Twins dump off some of their high end prospect capital to add to their horseshit bullpen they refused to spend money on.  Either that, or just get swept by the Yankees in the 1st round of the playoffs because outside of Rogers, they have a AAA-level pen. 

You can remove this part, they'll get swept in the first round by the Yankees because that is the natural order of things. 

3 hours ago, Soxnfins said:

I think at this point you have to deal Colome and keep bolstering up for the future.  Albeit this team is VERY exciting to watch, don't lose sight of the big picture.  If you can snag a Top 75 guy for Colome, you do it.

If you can get a top 150 prospect you do it.

• Like 1