Colome remains with White Sox, who always had ample interest in him

Sockin

1 hour ago, Perfect Vision said:

Doubt the Phillies would be willing to trade Spencer Howard in a Colome deal, but that's who I would ask for.

I absolutely would be asking for Howard in a Colome deal. Unless we can extract solid value we do not have to deal him. 

Doubtful Philly would be willing to move him though

Edited by steveno89

based off what the FO and their mouth pieces have said It wouldn't suprise me if they were targeting Hasely.

Colome + Jay for OF Adam Hasely* & C Rafael Marchan# feels right, in terms of value, surplus' from both sides etc. In the prediction thread I was saying Colome to the Phillies so this doesn't surprise me.

1 minute ago, beautox said:

based off what the FO and their mouth pieces have said It wouldn't suprise me if they were targeting Hasely.

Colome + Jay for OF Adam Hasely* & C Rafael Marchan# feels right, in terms of value, surplus' from both sides etc. In the prediction thread I was saying Colome to the Phillies so this doesn't surprise me.

They need to target pitching. 

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

Was never a big fan of Haseley, he has a 4th OF profile to me. And we have plenty of those in the system.

I'm not huge on him either. He's also going to continue the misconstrued "Keith Law hates the White Sox" narrative if acquired. :)

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

In a perfect world the Sox should target a pitcher who has shown promise in the lower minors instead of going for safer, but limited upper minors players.

If the Sox are dealing Colome, I am sure they would be targeting prospects/players that are close to MLB ready. I would expect a player that is at least in AA to headline. 

5 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Was never a big fan of Haseley, he has a 4th OF profile to me. And we have plenty of those in the system.

Getting Haseley for Colome would be a big win, IMO.  Seems unlikely to me.  

Levine claiming teams hot on the trail of Colome need to significantly increase their offers (Phillies and at least one other)...or the perspective will quickly change from one of subtraction to adding one more younger/controlled target (not sure Diaz makes sense with our minor league situation) for 2020.

16 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Getting Haseley for Colome would be a big win, IMO.  Seems unlikely to me.  

Hard to argue the Sox could get a better prospect for Colome than Haseley, if the Phillies would even trade him at this point? 

Can't think they would be eager to give up on him so soon

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Levine claiming teams hot on the trail of Colome need to significantly increase their offers (Phillies and at least one other)...or the perspective will quickly change from one of subtraction to adding one more younger/controlled target (not sure Diaz makes sense with our minor league situation) for 2020.

If current offers are not more than mid tier prospects I wouldn't be inclined to move him either. 

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Where did he say this? On the radio?

8 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Would be Hahn to acquire someone like Manuel Margot out of left field for some reason.... I get that feeling.

Just now, Soxnfins said:

Would be Hahn to acquire someone like Manuel Margot out of left field for some reason.... I get that feeling.

Padres are likely sellers along with the Sox. Not sure I see a deal between the two teams that would make sense.

Just now, Soxnfins said:

Padres are dangling Franmil Reyes and Hunter Renfroe in trade talks. Doubt they would be available for Colome though. And it would have to be a three team deal.

5 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Padres are dangling Franmil Reyes and Hunter Renfroe in trade talks. Doubt they would be available for Colome though. And it would have to be a three team deal.

Feels like sellers are understandably holding out for high asking prices and are in a standoff with buyers this season. Contenders will have tremendous pressure with the inability to make moves after the deadline.

Patience will be key here. 

1 hour ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I felt same but I have been impressed with this years performance. He appears to have beaten some of the Virginia out of him and his k rate and bb rates are worth exploring.

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

I felt same but I have been impressed with this years performance. He appears to have beaten some of the Virginia out of him and his k rate and bb rates are worth exploring.

Don't get me wrong, you could do worse than Haseley (like Roman Quinn :lol:), but the Sox need pitching more than anyhting.  Cole Irvin and Erik Miller would be a very nice package.