Colome remains with White Sox, who always had ample interest in him

Sockin

7 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Don't get me wrong, you could do worse than Haseley (like Roman Quinn :lol:), but the Sox need pitching more than anyhting.  Cole Irvin and Erik Miller would be a very nice package.

At this point I feel like the sox need proven pitching more than anything else. Not as concerned with filling the coffers below, and just hope players like thompson, dalquist, and stiever can move up the ladder. And getting the best player back can always be used as a piece for better pitching later.

1 hour ago, steveno89 said:

Padres are likely sellers along with the Sox. Not sure I see a deal between the two teams that would make sense.

Definitely on Yates, but he’s also got one more year of control, and will be a “lesser abused” 33 years old in terms of wear and tear next season.

Urias...but you’re selling for 50 cents on the dollar.

The biggest issue is you have a logjam of similar players in Renfroe, Reyes, Myers (bad contract) and Franchy Cordero and Naylor who are blocked for playing time but have lots of talent.  Margot is the only one who really can defend CF, so he’s stuck there until they can figure out a replacement.

They will undoubtedly trade the excess for one high quality veteran pitcher while waiting on a handful of young pitchers to separate themselves....rotation, bullpen or trade.  Also have Garrett Richards coming back from TJ.

1 minute ago, Baker said:

Would the Sox be willing to take on McCutchen’ contract from the Phillies?  

that's way too hard now. They can soak in some contract relief specifically for this year and maybe next, but 3 years of a player who may not be the same after the ACL/aging curve is a lot to ask. If you trade for mccutchen you are saying that's your RF of next 3 years. 

Just now, bmags said:

that's way too hard now. They can soak in some contract relief specifically for this year and maybe next, but 3 years of a player who may not be the same after the ACL/aging curve is a lot to ask. If you trade for mccutchen you are saying that's your RF of next 3 years. 

He's under contract for two + an option. It could be worth an ask at least imo. 

Just now, bmags said:

Yeah to take on McCutchen the Sox would have to get Hoskins or Nola or something ridiculous like that.

10 minutes ago, Baron said:

The BMW I6s I've never had issues with. Not a fan of the 4 cylinders in the 3 series though. 

I bought my first one, a 16 340xi B58 I6 from Knauz last month (almost 2 months ago now), I absolutely love it.  Went from a Jetta to a 340, almost bought a 435 N55 I6.... Even getting 27 when I hammer that B58.

Knock on whatever this is, the 6 cyl is their bread and butter.... Just be sure to have a "guy" on standby lol.

Edited by Soxnfins

Just now, Soxnfins said:

I bought my first one, a 16 340xi B58 I6 from Knauz last month, I absolutely love it.  Went from a Jetta to a 340, almost bought a 435 N55 I6.... Even getting 27 when I hammer that B58.

Are these real words?

• Haha 2