Colome remains with White Sox, who always had ample interest in him

Sockin

19 minutes ago, Soxnfins said:

Of course.  We're BMW guys, so who cares.

🏧Couldn’t find the rolling eyes icon...btw, is there an Audi club here as well?  Maybe one of them can be a SoxTalk sponsor with all the high net worth individuals, like Rolex for the Masters and British Open.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Thanks 1

Most White Sox fans were disappointed that  Hahn didn't acquire any major  stars this past off season. Other than Colome and McCann Hahn didn't acquire anybody who helped the team. Wouldn't it be nice if he acquired somebody in the next few days who can actually help the team for the reminder of this season and next year?

18 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

Most White Sox fans were disappointed that  Hahn didn't acquire any major  stars this past off season. Other than Colome and McCann Hahn didn't acquire anybody who helped the team. Wouldn't it be nice if he acquired somebody in the next few days who can actually help the team for the reminder of this season and next year?

Golly that'd be swell.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

I’m all for it...but who do we have to trade?

Imo the following have to be untouchable:

TA

Yoan

Gio

Eloy

Cease

Kopech

Madrigal

Vaughn

Robert

Collins, Dunning, Rodon I’m on the fence about , would have to be a very good player in return. 

Whats left after those names that could acquire us anything good? Hahn should absolutely be trying, but it’s going to be tough. 

6 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

I’m all for it...but who do we have to trade?

Imo the following have to be untouchable:

TA

Yoan

Gio

Eloy

Cease

Kopech

Madrigal

Vaughn

Robert

Collins, Dunning, Rodon I’m on the fence about , would have to be a very good player in return. 

Whats left after those names that could acquire us anything good? Hahn should absolutely be trying, but it’s going to be tough. 

That’s definitely the untouchable list.  And honestly, without cracking into that well, we aren’t trading for a controllable star.  That being said, I’d still see what I could get for packages built around some combo of Dunning, Rutherford, Walker, & Stiever.

21 minutes ago, bmags said:

Kaprellian

Damn, good call.  Sonny Gray trade for Dustin Fowler, Jorge Mateo, and James Kaprielian.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/07/yankees-to-acquire-sonny-gray.html

Kaprielian was the third piece in the trade and was rated the Yankees #12 prospect at the time but I’m sure the A’s wanted him.  The A’s did a lot better dealing Gray to the Yankees than Hahn did dealing Robertson, Kahnle, and Frazier there.  🤮

Edited by Moan4Yoan

59 minutes ago, fathom said:

How often do players get traded recovering from TJS?

The problem is most GMs don’t want to deal with the uncertainty that comes with a TJS, even if that player comes at a discount.  But they certainly don’t lose all their value because of a surgery with a 90% success rate.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

The problem is most GMs don’t want to deal with the uncertainty that comes with a TJS, even if that player comes at a discount.  But they certainly don’t lose all their value because of a surgery with a 90% success rate.

Yeah it's a good gamble as a third piece for sure.

6 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Damn, good call.  Sonny Gray trade for Dustin Fowler, Jorge Mateo, and James Kaprielian.

Kaprielian was the third piece in the trade and was rated the Yankees #12 prospect at the time but I’m sure the A’s wanted him.  The A’s did a lot better dealing Gray to the Yankees than Hahn did dealing Robertson, Kahnle, and Frazier there.  🤮

He was pretty hot shit before his injury he was flying up boards and now has been constantly injured.

17 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Sonny Gray was a borderline ace with tons of team control. Frazier was trash, Robertson was good but made a ton of money and Kahnle was a dude without a track record.

To compare these returns is absurdely disingenuous.

• Love 2

Just now, BackDoorBreach said:

I'm ready for the stove to leak gas and explode now.

Braves, Nats, and Phils all showing interest and all need help.  Hopefully this allows Hahn some decent leverage.  Say what you want about Hahn but he has fleeced some of these orgs in trades.

Passan said he’s heard tomorrow is when the moves are expected to happen