Colome remains with White Sox, who always had ample interest in him

Sockin

3 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

There is no reason for the Sox to Mets and jump the gun here.  I believe that and it's the right play.

I do like making the moves the day before deadline day.  Deadline day deals reak of desperation and simply taking what you can get at the last minute.  Basically, giving in to the other team’s lowball offers on your trade bait.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I do like making the moves the day before deadline day.  Deadline day deals reak of desperation and simply taking what you can get at the last minute.  Basically, giving in to the other team’s lowball offers on your trade bait.

I'd generally agree but he isn't walking at the end of the season.  If we keep him it's fine too as much as I'd like to get one last piece.  One less arm we have to look for next year.

With that said and some thinking I don't believe ATL is in play.  Young, cost controlled team with a deep farm.  If he gets traded to NL East I'm thinking Nats.

11 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Well the good thing is, they don't have to move Colome since he has the extra year. They aren't going to move him in a desperation move. I feel confident about that. They can stand their ground.

3 hours ago, fathom said:

Cease or Madrigal would be the two prospects I’d consider using in a blockbuster deal. I still love the idea of trading Madrigal for a controllable pitcher and signing Didi to play 2nd.

These guys should not be part of any deal.  No player is untradeable...these guys come close.  Could almost guarantee they come back and bite you in the ass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

🏧Couldn’t find the rolling eyes icon...btw, is there an Audi club here as well?  Maybe one of them can be a SoxTalk sponsor with all the high net worth individuals, like Rolex for the Masters and British Open.

3y old, 30-50k mi 65% depreciated is the way to go.... I'm too broke and cheap to buy new lol.

Edited by Soxnfins

10 hours ago, Tony said:

It’s amazing how one weird physical by O’s doctors changed the entire landscape of MLB forever. Crain for Arrieta goes through, no way the Cubs win the World Series, and who knows where the Sox are right now. 

I'm not sure I realized the crain thing fell through on physical and wasn't just crain getting hurt during middle of the negotiations. That sucks, but yeah, o's were right. That tampa trade was pretty cool though, even though it didn't work out.

I think the two what-if moments of the fake post-2013 rebuild would be if the sox had drafted one of the back half first round talents instead of hawkins (this particular draft was loaded) and the arrieta thing. Both would have added some legitimate talent that put sox closer to that playoff range but maybe not even close enough.

But, yes, very interesting if 2015's rotation was Sale, Q, Arrieta, Wacha, something. Do we trade for Samardjiza still? (i think they'd still have a 2005 fetish and would).

That offense was still so so bad, but that would have been quite a rotation.

36 minutes ago, bmags said:

I'm not sure I realized the crain thing fell through on physical and wasn't just crain getting hurt during middle of the negotiations. That sucks, but yeah, o's were right. That tampa trade was pretty cool though, even though it didn't work out.

I think the two what-if moments of the fake post-2013 rebuild would be if the sox had drafted one of the back half first round talents instead of hawkins (this particular draft was loaded) and the arrieta thing. Both would have added some legitimate talent that put sox closer to that playoff range but maybe not even close enough.

But, yes, very interesting if 2015's rotation was Sale, Q, Arrieta, Wacha, something. Do we trade for Samardjiza still? (i think they'd still have a 2005 fetish and would).

That offense was still so so bad, but that would have been quite a rotation.

An insider once told me Sox had the terms of a deal for Stroman agreed to during the draft but shifted to Hawkins at the last minute

1 minute ago, aeichhor said:

Joel Sherman on high heat said colome is one name everyone thinks will be traded

Hahn on the call: "By our metrics, he's a 6 WAR closer, and you are going to give us some 17 year old trash? Give us a 26 year old AAA outfielder and be done with it"

Just now, bmags said:

Hahn on the call: "By our metrics, he's a 6 WAR closer, and you are going to give us some 17 year old trash? Give us a 26 year old outfielder and be done with it"

“Does Ryan Cordell have a twin brother in the minors?”  😩