Colome remains with White Sox, who always had ample interest in him

Sockin

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Nationals just got Hudson. If Braves get Greene, it’s probably Brewers or bust

Does Hudson really take Nationals out of Colome? I feel Colome is a full tier above Hudson. Did the Phillies get someone other than Parker?

Just now, raBBit said:

Does Hudson really take Nationals out of Colome? I feel Colome is a full tier above Hudson. Did the Phillies get someone other than Parker?

I think Parker is just a guy they took a flier on. They shouldn‘t be counting on him to pitch in high leverage situations. His stuff has diminished,

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Nationals just got Hudson. If Braves get Greene, it’s probably Brewers or bust

There had been a lot of Red Sox talk of backing off Diaz and jumping to Hudson. Maybe they are looking elsewhere for a closer. 

3 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I think Parker is just a guy they took a flier on. They shouldn‘t be counting on him to pitch in high leverage situations. His stuff has diminished,

Yeah that was my point - Phillies would still be in the market for a relief arm. 

5 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Nats farm is pretty weak. Sure they could swing a deal, but outside of their top guys not a whole lot appeals to me. 

3 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

Nats farm is pretty weak. Sure they could swing a deal, but outside of their top guys not a whole lot appeals to me. 

Nats #4 prospect Wil Crowe was going to be the Sox pick if Gavin Sheets didn't make it to them in the 2nd in 2017. 

1 minute ago, raBBit said:

Nats #4 prospect Wil Crowe was going to be the Sox pick if Gavin Sheets didn't make it to them in the 2nd in 2017. 

Crowe immediately stands out to me as a potential trade fit, not sure if the Nationals would give up their minor league starter closest to the majors though? 

Just now, steveno89 said:

Crowe immediately stands out to me as a potential trade fit, not sure if the Nationals would give up their minor league starter closest to the majors though? 

Not sure.

Looks like Nats getting Elias though. Can't imagine they trade for three relievers so that would rule them out. 

Just now, raBBit said:

Not sure.

Looks like Nats getting Elias though. Can't imagine they trade for three relievers so that would rule them out. 

With that news, Nats likely out on relief help. They opted to go down the cheaper trade route. 

Will be interesting to see if a contender jumps in for Colome here shortly. A deal could come together fast after weeks of build up? 

2 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Not sure.

I saw a tweet saying the Nats are saying they are going to trade for 3 relievers.