Colome remains with White Sox, who always had ample interest in him

Sockin

1 minute ago, oldsox said:

Ron, talk to me about Nico.  You obviously like him better than Madrigal, right?  I look at what Cubs gave up for Q and why they did it.  Similar situation now.  Maybe you should put some salt and pepper on your shoe.

Colome is not even close to Q as a trade piece. That's a crazy comparison.

Hell, I'll eat my shoe without any salt, pepper, or hot sauce if they get Nico for Colome.

Edited by ron883

Did you know his name is actually Nicholas and he’s the guy who goes around saying, “Call me Nico”

“No, Call me Nico.”   It’s kind of weird.  Like guys who say their name is Topher instead of Chris.  

Just saying he he might be a total dbag if he needs to have a special name.  

Edited by Jerksticks

4 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Did you know his name is actually Nicholas and he’s the guy who goes around saying, “Call me Nico”

“No, Call me Nico.”   It’s kind of weird.  Like guys who say their name is Topher instead of Chris.  

Just saying he he might be a total dbag if he needs to have a special name.  

This is stupid

• Love 1

The Sox should offer Kimbrel 25 million for the last 100 games. Tack on a 3 year option 15-20 million per. After that tell whoever he is traded to, they'll

pick up this years salary and the new team can decide on the option. Kimbrel for free for 2 months is worth a better prospect than having to pay him.

14 hours ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Why do research and have actual facts when you can blindly throw out bs numbers to make some point that is nonsensical and inaccurate? 

I checked google and there were no prices for The Cell available. So there. It still belies the point. It costs a good buck to get food, drink and to park the car and the Sox have a responsibility to try to win or hand out refunds. If Colome is still doing well and the team is doing well and they trade him for some Top 80 prospect, fans should get some sort of refund.

18 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Btw I'd trade anyone in the minors other than Robert or Cease right now for a long term rotation piece, and that includes Madrigal. 

Madrigal is going to make you sorry you said that.  Book it.

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

I checked google and there were no prices for The Cell available. So there. It still belies the point. It costs a good buck to get food, drink and to park the car and the Sox have a responsibility to try to win or hand out refunds. If Colome is still doing well and the team is doing well and they trade him for some Top 80 prospect, fans should get some sort of refund.

Yes. 100% -- Keep Colome and try to win instead of flipping for some guy (Rutherford, Forde, Medeiros) who will never make the majors. 

I am also amused by the guys who keep claiming that for the Sox to contend we need major upgrade with our bullpen. So . . .  your answer to upgrading our bullpen is to trade our guy who is 11 for 11 in saves for a guy who might or might not make the majors. How in the world does getting rid of our bullpen ace upgrade the it?? 

Also, the guys who say that Colome is not part of the the Sox long term plans, how do you know that?  The front office should act and make Colome part of our long term plans. Let's use that Machado money to keep Colome. 

Also, all you guys quoting this analytic stat or that blab, blab stat saying that Colome isn't an elite closer, you're not seeing the forest for the trees. He's 11 for 11 in saves. Who out there is doing better? Is he gonna stay perfect, of course not, but still, he's looking great so far; let's keep him. 

• Like 1

How come we haven't had much success flipping players? I repeat the only flipping I want is at Wonderburger. That said if we are to trade anybody trade them now. You'll get more value this early in the season.

As much as I like prospects, especially when acquired for relievers, the Sox are only 1 out of the wild card. It wouldn't hurt to just go for it for the hell of it and prove to your young studs like Anderson that you will go for it. He's a leader and has been through a good amount of lousy rebuild years. 

At the same time, relievers are volatile. Colome is at the absolute top of his game. Selling high ain't bad if you get a really good package. You gotta trade him if the price is right.

1 hour ago, vilehoopster said:

Yes. 100% -- Keep Colome and try to win instead of flipping for some guy (Rutherford, Forde, Medeiros) who will never make the majors. 

I am also amused by the guys who keep claiming that for the Sox to contend we need major upgrade with our bullpen. So . . .  your answer to upgrading our bullpen is to trade our guy who is 11 for 11 in saves for a guy who might or might not make the majors. How in the world does getting rid of our bullpen ace upgrade the it?? 

Also, the guys who say that Colome is not part of the the Sox long term plans, how do you know that?  The front office should act and make Colome part of our long term plans. Let's use that Machado money to keep Colome. 

Also, all you guys quoting this analytic stat or that blab, blab stat saying that Colome isn't an elite closer, you're not seeing the forest for the trees. He's 11 for 11 in saves. Who out there is doing better? Is he gonna stay perfect, of course not, but still, he's looking great so far; let's keep him. 

Colome could actually be on the AL All Star Team if he keeps saving games.

On 5/31/2019 at 11:34 PM, Jack Parkman said:

Would he come here though on a 1 year deal? 

Why not?  He needs a place to show he still has it.  We're a place that needs a guy who is showing he still has it.  Free agents haven't had the demand as in the past.  This also has some marketing upside for the Sox.

11 hours ago, greg775 said:

How come we haven't had much success flipping players? I repeat the only flipping I want is at Wonderburger. That said if we are to trade anybody trade them now. You'll get more value this early in the season.

Abreu & Colome have very good value to a contender.  If we keep them the FO thinks we are a contender.  Seems simple enough.

Edited by poppysox

39 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Why not?  He needs a place to show he still has it.  We're a place that needs a guy who is showing he still has it.  Free agents haven't had the demand as in the past.  This also has some marketing upside for the Sox.

Let’s be honest and realistic.  Why would he ever go to the Sox over the Yankees for one year?

14 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Let’s be honest and realistic.  Why would he ever go to the Sox over the Yankees for one year?

Not everyone wants to play for the Yankees.  Some people like to be the big deal in a little town and some people like to be just one of the guys in a big town.  Depends on the guys.

10 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Not everyone wants to play for the Yankees.  Some people like to be the big deal in a little town and some people like to be just one of the guys in a big town.  Depends on the guys.

If he signs for one year, he will want the most money and the best chance to win.  The Yankees can offer both.  The Sox, not so much.

6 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

If he signs for one year, he will want the most money and the best chance to win.  The Yankees can offer both.  The Sox, not so much.

What he wants and what he gets aren't always the same.  If I were Rick I wouldn't overpay for this or any other FA.  Boras has worn out his welcome and hasn't been the best agent for many of his clients lately.

14 hours ago, vilehoopster said:

Brad Hand for Cleveland is maybe as well some might say better . He has more saves and a higher WAR and lower ERAbut he also has 2 losses and while his WHIP is great Colome's is even greater. Hand also strikes out more guys than Colome which is what teams trying to get out of tough situations look for.

McCann has done so well his name is also being mentioned in a good article (Good as in presenting all the facts good and bad from his past and present ) in MLBtraderumors.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/05/james-mccann-offensive-force.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MlbTradeRumors+(MLB+Trade+Rumors)

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

8 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I think Happ is who the Cubs offer for Colome.  They plan on moving him for a reliever and I think their CarGo signing indicates that.