Rumor: Cease will be called up "very soon"

Sockin

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Maybe, but Joc Pederson was also supposed to be traded to the Sox.  Too bad that move never happened.

Hahn has alluded to the fact that Jason's tweet potentially de-railed that trade. 

Edited by Sockin

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

lol, that would be so petty and hilarious.

IIRC, the Dodgers had Joc doing some big event a day or two after the rumor broke and was all over twitter.  That may have had something to do with it.  Perhaps he asked about it and they told him we're not trading you, don't worry, and then they had to pull it back.  Still seems silly.  

Cease seems to be going more and more innings for Charlotte as the season goes on. I fully expect he gets called up soon. One or two more starts with the Knights, then off to Chicago seems about right. I've seen a few people on Twitter speculate that they think Cease will be called up around the 2-game series vs Washington in mid-June. 

Hahn has shown he pays a lot of attention to the schedule when calling up prospects, and June is unforgiving. I think he may wait until July 3rd, when he can bring up Cease as the 26th man for the double header.

Then he gets a nice long ASB rest, and can face Royals, Marlins, Mets, and Tigers, with only the Twins in the middle of that.