Rumor: Cease will be called up "very soon"

Sockin

6 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

No because he didn't say anything that bad. Yes he said your comment was BS but that's not an uncommon thing when 2 people take opposing points of view. He didn't say it was stupid or idiotic he just said it wasn't true and he was pretty accurate in that assessment in regards to it not being the best offer and him wanting to play in SD. he already knows that it wasn't the best RAW offer as you put it. but that's hardly the point now is it ? If you think that was taking it in the ass then you will have a hard time here when things get way more heated. Just my .02 worth . I'll butt out now.

People are just fed up with this guy shitting all over every single thread..  The posts are dog shit, and the matter-of-fact attitude rubs people the wrong way.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, default said:

What more would you like to discuss on the thread topic?  The revolution can start with you.

No, it doesnt start with me. We dont need pages of arguments over whose epeen is bigger.  The thread is about Cease and its tiring to have to skip over comment after comment of off topic bullshit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

No, it doesnt start with me. We dont need pages of arguments over whose epeen is bigger.  The thread is about Cease and its tiring to have to skip over comment after comment of off topic bullshit.

Dylan Cease has a twin brother named Alec.  Thoughts?

Hopefully that’ll get us back on the right track...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Besides the 4 he mentioned there's a FA starter in his plans and also Dunning should be in the mix though I am not sure if a year is sufficient time to recover from TJ. Rodon can't be counted on til maybe the 2nd half of the 2020 season. There's also Covey who I know you love and Baneulos and probably a handful of cheap guys this coming off season just like there were last off season. Just maybe aim a little higher than Santana and Banuelos.

I don't think they are counting on Dunning until 2021 if what I read is accurate. 

I certainly agree with your bolded statement although the Sox may have to trade something to get a pitcher with some upside left to him since I can't see them signing a Cole for example.

3 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Cease has nothing else to prove in AAA. Hopefully they are eying a debut against the Yankees at home the weekend of 6/14. Four game series that I’d love to see Gio and Cease get two of those starts.

After the week we have had...FO is for sure bringing up Cease.  Hope they have another idea or two for finding another starter.  We are ready to come roaring out of rebuild mode.

2 minutes ago, poppysox said:

After the week we have had...FO is for sure bringing up Cease.  Hope they have another idea or two for finding another starter.  We are ready to come roaring out of rebuild mode.

Are you sure?  Hasn’t happened yet and Covey got the last rotation spot.

1 hour ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Why would the draft affect whether or not to call up Cease?

1 hour ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Why would the draft affect whether or not to call up Cease?

I should have said...once teams get past tomorrows draft they will start refocusing on where they are going now.  I presume all teams are in lets get all hands on deck for the next big thing.

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

I should have said...once teams get past tomorrows draft they will start refocusing on where they are going now.  I presume all teams are in lets get all hands on deck for the next big thing.

The Sox already know who they are drafting and probably made the decision 2 months ago. 

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

The Sox already know who they are drafting and probably made the decision 2 months ago. 

The draft is more than one round.  There are calls with both agents and prospects going throughout those days.  I would think it take all hand on deck.

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

The draft is more than one round.  There are calls with both agents and prospects going throughout those days.  I would think it take all hand on deck.

The people in charge of Ceases decision will probably aren't that involved in scouting. I wouldn't be shocked If they got a list of names to research and will select based on positional need each round. I don't think they worked that hard in the last month to not be able to handle Cease. 

1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

Maybe...maybe not:

From tonight's MLB.com site:

"Brett Baty, the Lake Travis High School (Texas) third baseman who is No. 17 on our Draft Top 200, is one of the best prep hitters in the class. He’s also, as has been well-documented, old for his class at 19 1/2, making it tougher to place where he might go in the first round, as some teams have models that don’t like older players.

But there’s been some buzz for a while about Baty’s name in the top 10, mostly surfacing in talk of a deal with the Texas Rangers at No. 8 overall. It seems that the Rangers aren’t the only team up near the top kicking the tires on such a deal, with the White Sox, picking at No. 3, also discussing that possibility.

Up until this point, most of the talk with the White Sox centered around the up-the-middle prep athlete in Abrams vs. the college bat in Vaughn (assuming Rutschman and Witt go 1-2 in some order). Chicago hasn’t taken a high school player since 2012, leading many to conclude Vaughn would be the pick. But the White Sox are still considering other options that include Bleday on the college bat side and a potential deal with Baty. That seems more like a backup plan if things don’t go well in terms of signability with other players, but stranger things have happened. -- Jonathan Mayo, June 1

6 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Cease has nothing else to prove in AAA. Hopefully they are eying a debut against the Yankees at home the weekend of 6/14. Four game series that I’d love to see Gio and Cease get two of those starts.

June 11th v Washington seems to line up well too.  Hoping its the 11th as I could attend vs the following weekend... 

7 hours ago, reiks12 said:

Some of you people have to leave your computers and get out more if skipping over off topic posts wears you out . Topics take detours its a fact of message boards.

6 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I don't think they are counting on Dunning until 2021 if what I read is accurate. 

I certainly agree with your bolded statement although the Sox may have to trade something to get a pitcher with some upside left to him since I can't see them signing a Cole for example.

How could that be? He had his surgery in March 2019 before Rodon and Rodon is expected back the 2nd half of 2020 ?

7 hours ago, default said:

People are just fed up with this guy shitting all over every single thread..  The posts are dog shit, and the matter-of-fact attitude rubs people the wrong way.  

Of course he is irritating but never overly rude . He just never lets us forget how bad Hahn and company are. That's not a bad thing . I mean look at all the AB's Alonso is getting, Do you think it's a good idea that they are going full bore to vest his option for next year ? I know they can stop it by releasing him any time but whats the point of constantly playing him ? He didn't get Machado to come here , he hasn't hit well . Was he a good soldier for being available to talk about his bro in law constantly ? Yes . Is that worth $20M ? Hell no !

2 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

According to what Hostetler said on the broadcast a dew days ago it is narrowed down to around 6 guys and he said discussions are and will be ongoing until close to the draft.

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Of course he is irritating but never overly rude . He just never lets us forget how bad Hahn and company are. That's not a bad thing . I mean look at all the AB's Alonso is getting, Do you think it's a good idea that they are going full bore to vest his option for next year ? I know they can stop it by releasing him any time but whats the point of constantly playing him ? He didn't get Machado to come here , he hasn't hit well . Was he a good soldier for being available to talk about his bro in law constantly ? Yes . Is that worth $20M ? Hell no !

I stand by my original post.