Sox & Tribe, 6/2/19, Gio & Plesac

soxfan49

6 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Ron it's easy to hate on guys you see play every day. Your anger regarding Abreu is unjustified. Come over to the right side re. Jose. Give him his due. He's one of my all time favorite Sox.

He's been a great Sox player. But he has been historically unclutch. Never does ANYTHING when it matters. I could speak fallacies about Jose and it would make a lot of people happier.

1 hour ago, South Sider said:

Abreu's on pace for well over 100 RBI and people are shitting on him. Is that stat advanced enough for you?

Since we're using the archaic RBI stat, how about we go back to bloodleting the sick? Get that bad blood out of them!

6 hours ago, Flythesock said:

Barrel% triple the mlb avg and top 5 OVERALL in all of MLB, EV of 92mph puts him in the 91st percentile, hard hit% 95th percentile, career best xSLG and xWOBA, launch angle up 2 degrees from his career average....were these the stats you were looking for?

2 hours ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Ron, his Quality of Contact stats are currently better than they were his rookie year. 

2013: soft 17.0% medium 46.6% hard 36.4%

2019: soft: 15.9% medium 46.5% hard 37.6%

and yes, we all know his K rate is up. Save it. If Abreu gives us the 70 Xbh and .800 OPS he’s on track for, I sincerely doubt anyone could deter you from wild guessing and incorrectly projecting negative scenario to fit your agenda?

Here is just something for you to consider: perhaps given the myriad mistakes you have made in estimating his future value over the past three plus years, perhaps your brain is just dead wrong about José Abreu. 

2 hours ago, ron883 said:

Since we're using the archaic RBI stat, how about we go back to bloodleting the sick? Get that bad blood out of them!

Live look at Ron dodging the facts he asked for

Image result for matrix dodge gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, ron883 said:

He's been a great Sox player. But he has been historically unclutch. Never does ANYTHING when it matters. I could speak fallacies about Jose and it would make a lot of people happier.

I feel like you're more so projecting this than anything. Do you have any numbers to back this up? Abreu has also never played for a contending White Sox team. We haven't ever had the opportunity to see him under the bright lights of a September playoff push or October playoff series. 

I also realize this was a long time ago, but his walk off grand slam vs Tampa Bay in 2014 was probably the most memorable White Sox clutch hitting moment over the past 5-6 years. Which speaks VOLUMES to how bad we've been during that time, but I thought I would toss it out there.

EDIT: 

RISP: .319/.399/.551 (.950)

RISP, 2 outs: .293/.390/.502 (.892)

On 3rd, less than 2 outs: .374/.421/.574 (.995)

On 3rd, 2 outs: .326/.416/.543 (.959)

Tie Game: .279/.342/.511 (.853)

Within 1R: .290/.349/.511 (.860)

Ahead: .296/.352/.509 (.861)

Behind: .296/.351/.522 (.873)

Abreu's numbers are roughly the same, regardless of situation. 

Edited by Richie

11 hours ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

You're overthinking it.

2017 - Jose Quintana - Even if they traded him

2018 - No one, but the pitchers were clearly all in the development phase.

Any other beside the point technicalities?

Ace does not mean your number 1 starter. Q was having a down year in 2017. He  was 4-8 w a 4.50 era when we traded him. 

1 hour ago, Richie said:

I feel like you're more so projecting this than anything. Do you have any numbers to back this up? Abreu has also never played for a contending White Sox team. We haven't ever had the opportunity to see him under the bright lights of a September playoff push or October playoff series. 

I also realize this was a long time ago, but his walk off grand slam vs Tampa Bay in 2014 was probably the most memorable White Sox clutch hitting moment over the past 5-6 years. Which speaks VOLUMES to how bad we've been during that time, but I thought I would toss it out there.

EDIT: 

RISP: .319/.399/.551 (.950)

RISP, 2 outs: .293/.390/.502 (.892)

On 3rd, less than 2 outs: .374/.421/.574 (.995)

On 3rd, 2 outs: .326/.416/.543 (.959)

Tie Game: .279/.342/.511 (.853)

Within 1R: .290/.349/.511 (.860)

Ahead: .296/.352/.509 (.861)

Behind: .296/.351/.522 (.873)

Abreu's numbers are roughly the same, regardless of situation. 

Wow.  Thanks for posting this.  I knew I wasn't crazy.

3 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

Ace does not mean your number 1 starter. Q was having a down year in 2017. He  was 4-8 w a 4.50 era when we traded him. 

Okay, so we should go ahead and stop arguing about this because "staff Ace" doesn't actually mean anything objective and we would just go back and forth on what we feel about who is an ace and who isn't.

@ron883 is still using Abreu being a ghost when the sox were in the thick of the race and he didn't really do shit (until they were mathematically eliminated and then he mashed) under Ventura. The problem with that is, he uses that to define Abreu's entire career of not showing up when he's only had that sample size to really show it. I kinda get where he's coming from, but I need more evidence of it. 

• Thanks 1