6/2 Games

KnightsOnMintSt

1 minute ago, The Sir said:

When is Burger supposed to return?

Not giving updates on players seems to be the Sox way of doing things. Didn’t hear anything for awhile on Hansen or Puckett last year. Dunning gets surgery first then we hear about if afterward. Kopech felt like he was ahead of schedule in March, but not a word since. Burger hitting in the cages in March, and nothing since. 

interesting guy pitching for kanny today. Sam Long, 23 yrs. old reclamation project. Didn't pitch last year I'm assuming because of injury.

Pitched well in 2017. This is one thing the Sox have done well at in the past. Pick some guy off the scrap heap and revive his career.

18 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Beginning of June was the projected timeline.  Haven't heard anything new though 

His twitter feed makes it sound like he's ready to play June 2nd. Either that or his favorite soccer team plays June 2nd. I couldn't tell which.

1 hour ago, zisk said:

His twitter feed makes it sound like he's ready to play June 2nd. Either that or his favorite soccer team plays June 2nd. I couldn't tell which.

It's absolutely about soccer. All I know based on his twitter is he's been in AZ for quite a while now.

1 minute ago, Heads22 said:

Got the Barons game going on a second screen - Blake Rutherford just had an honest to goodness extra base hit with a double into the gap

He's starting to get it going. His start at AA was dreadful, but he's still only 22. If he makes it to MLB at 24 that is ok. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

He's starting to get it going. His start at AA was dreadful, but he's still only 22. If he makes it to MLB at 24 that is ok. 

He caught Alonso syndrome or something. It'd be nice to see him start to turn the corner.

7 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Another hit for Blake and he's finally over .200

Given that he was in the .160s for a while that shows that he's figured it out somewhat. Hopefully he can start to show some power now on the road. (not expecting him to hit HR in Birmingham)