2019 MLB Draft Poll

The Sir

2019 MLB Draft Poll  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think the White Sox will choose in the first round?

• Andrew Vaughn
    • CJ Abrams
    • JJ Bleday
    • Hunter Bishop
    • Nick Lodolo
    • Adley Rutschman
    • Bobby Witt Jr
  2. 2. Who do you think the White Sox should choose?

• Adley Rutschman
    • Bobby Witt Jr
    • Andrew Vaughn
    • CJ Abrams
    • JJ Bleday
    • Hunter Bishop
    • Nick Lodolo

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/04/2019 at 11:00 PM

Thank you. Since we only have the option to vote for one player, in each poll, I assume that we are expecting both Rutschman and Witt to be off the board, by the 3RD pick. If not, then I would change my vote to Rutschman. I would personally rank them in this order: Rutschman, Witt, Bleday, Vaughn. 

Edited by Lillian

2 minutes ago, Lillian said:

Thank you. Since we only have the option to vote for one player, in each poll, I assume that we are expecting both Rutschman and Witt to be off the board, by the 3RD pick. If not, then I would change my vote to Rutschman.

Yeah, that’s the tricky part with this poll. If Rutschman falls, I think we should AND will pick him, but I’m not expecting that, so I picked Vaughn for “will” and Witt for “should”.

1 hour ago, The Sir said:

Yeah, that’s the tricky part with this poll. If Rutschman falls, I think we should AND will pick him, but I’m not expecting that, so I picked Vaughn for “will” and Witt for “should”.

Add a 3rd poll, "If Adley and Witt are gone...."

I almost started a thread like this, but it shouldn’t be in the form of a poll. Everyone should rank their top 5, including a brief summary on how they feel about Vaughn vs. Abrams. Here’s mine:

1. Rutschman 

2. Witt 

3. Vaughn

4. Abrams

5. Bleday

Between Vaughn and Abrams, I won’t be mad at either. I’ve gone back and forth on them both, and I prefer Vaughn now, but not to the extent where I would complain five years from now if Abrams is a superstar and Vaughn is a bust. 

2 hours ago, SoxBlanco said:

I almost started a thread like this, but it shouldn’t be in the form of a poll. Everyone should rank their top 5, including a brief summary on how they feel about Vaughn vs. Abrams. Here’s mine:

1. Rutschman 

2. Witt 

3. Vaughn

4. Abrams

5. Bleday

Between Vaughn and Abrams, I won’t be mad at either. I’ve gone back and forth on them both, and I prefer Vaughn now, but not to the extent where I would complain five years from now if Abrams is a superstar and Vaughn is a bust. 

That's too easy. Of course none of us would complain if the player, whom we preferred turned out to be a bust, while the player we actually chose turned out to be a super star. A better question would be, if they both turned out to be productive Major Leaguers, which one would you prefer? 

20 minutes ago, Lillian said:

That's too easy. Of course none of us would complain if the player, whom we preferred turned out to be a bust, while the player we actually chose turned out to be a super star. A better question would be, if they both turned out to be productive Major Leaguers, which one would you prefer? 

You’re right. What I said didn’t make much sense. I was thinking more along the lines of this...the guy who the Sox take is a bust and the other guy is a superstar. I won’t complain if that happens because I can understand the argument of taking either guy. But with the order that I ranked my guys and my sentence that you bolded, it didn’t make much sense. 

I just hate when people complain about draft picks using hindsight. If you like somebody much more than another guy, let’s hear it right now. Then you have every right to complain in the future if you were right and the Sox were wrong (not “you” in particular, Lillian).