White Sox All Stars

sin city sox fan

1 hour ago, sin city sox fan said:

ESPN has an article projecting all stars and has Giolito the only representative for the Sox.    This would be criminal if no one else makes it.   https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/26898455/still-too-early-all-stars-track-midsummer-classic

Eh. Third Base, And short are stacked, Abreu hasn't been that good, Colome is 11th in relief pitch ERA. McCann should probably go. 

They have guys that have legit cases, but most of them wouldn't be snubs if left off. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mqr said:

Eh. Third Base, And short are stacked, Abreu hasn't been that good, Colome is 11th in relief pitch ERA. McCann should probably go. 

They have guys that have legit cases, but most of them wouldn't be snubs if left off. 

Colome just dropped out of the AL top 20 in relief pitcher ERA today.

• Like 1

Gio is a lock unless he goes in the tank soon. Moncada will make it. Baseball will reward a young star. That will be it unless Abreu gets in. No way on Colome or McCann. And nah on Timmy. I guess Timmy could replace Moncada.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, mqr said:

I’m open to whatever, but I don’t think he meta enough to make it worth it. 

I'm total 50-50 on both he and Abreu.  None of us have the facts...what will someone give us and what $ number are they looking for.  I know it's not a popular opinion but I'll trust RH to work it out.  I will point out that today no one may need lets say Abreu.  Tomorrow a Rizzo gets hurt and the Cubs are desperate to give you whatever we want.  Lots of unknowns for two months out.

22 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I can’t stand when Steve Stone says that a closer’s ERA doesn’t matter.

Wat's the advanced stat we're all supposed to look at with closers now? Just saves and save opportunities?

17 hours ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Sounds like Avi Garcia will be one

He may not have nuff RBIs. Hopefully most of the advanced stats that I don't look at are in his favor. It would be the ultimate slap in the Sox GM's face if he makes it.

Jonah Keri put up his early All-star picks at The Athletic.  (Behind a paywall, but totally worth it because James Fegan does great work).

Gio is his only Sox on the team. Chirinos was the only reserve catcher, so maybe McCann has a shot if the manager goes with more (IMO there should always be at least 3 catchers, if not more, just because of the strain of the position).