Giolito May's AL Pitcher of the Month

smalls2598

Great. As I said before the only guys I care about this year in the majors are giolito, moncada, eloy anderson and lopez. The sox need at least 4 (better all of them) of them to succeed and except for lopez and eloy they are all having good years. Not worried about eloy but a little about reylo.

Most other Sox guys are placeholders for the minor leaguers but those 5 are needed for the next core as the farm is not deep enough to fill the complete 25 man roster.

The sox need 3 really good starters and 6 or 7 good hitters to compete and then 6-7 more "solid" guys (relievers, hitting depth, sp depth) for depth and those 5 plus the minor leaguers should he able to fill that gap.

Edited by dominik-keul@gmx.de
  • Like 1

On 6/4/2019 at 10:01 AM, dominik-keul@gmx.de said:

Great. As I said before the only guys I care about this year in the majors are giolito, moncada, eloy anderson and lopez. The sox need at least 4 (better all of them) of them to succeed and except for lopez and eloy they are all having good years. Not worried about eloy but a little about reylo.

Most other Sox guys are placeholders for the minor leaguers but those 5 are needed for the next core as the farm is not deep enough to fill the complete 25 man roster.

The sox need 3 really good starters and 6 or 7 good hitters to compete and then 6-7 more "solid" guys (relievers, hitting depth, sp depth) for depth and those 5 plus the minor leaguers should he able to fill that gap.

I agree with your evaluation of both where we are and needs.  Gio has been a great surprise in that he probably is lead dog in the race with Kopech and Cease.   Anderson and Moncada have to have lived up to your hopes and Eloy is where you would have rationally expected.  Only Lopez is questionable and it's to early to give up.  I like that your overall evaluation of what a team needs is for the most is already in the organization and developing on schedule.  We have the primary lineup when Robert and Madrigal get here...3 good starters...7/8/9 bullpen pieces has the same job of finding those "solid" pieces that round out the team.  We're not there yet but I believe we are close to being very good.  However, last nights game does have me second guessing if Ricky is the right man for the job.