***Day 1 MLB Draft Thread***

Heads22

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Well no, I wouldnt be, as high schoolers by grade do not receive elite tool grades outside of speed and arm strength. I'm talking present value not FV. Maybe you're confused.

You don't take players based on present value dude. 

• Like 2

Just now, DirtySox said:

Wonder if they explore Vaughn somewhere other than 3rd. I don't think I would displace Yoan though. Could he be worse than Eloy in a corner spot?

If he plays a good first base, I am not going to complain. Sox haven't had a good defensive first baseman for ages.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

My opinion is that Vaughn is the riskiest position player in the top 10. I'll understand why they picked him but he's a huge gamble. 

Nice try Jack. Vaugh is the safest bat in the draft outside of Adley. His position limits his upside but his bat is hardly risky.

love this kid's swing.  that said no idea if he's going to pan out.  hopefully he does.  certainly puts Jose on notice that his future is at DH or with another club.  seems like this kid will basically be in AA next year and if everything goes well be pushing for a opening day spot in 2021.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

You don't take players based on present value dude. 

True Jack, but risk is tied to the discrepancy between PV and FV. There is less risk tied to guys who are closer to their FV with their PV.

Saying you dont draft guys based on their tools today is absolutely laughable.

• bmags unpinned this topic