***Day 1 MLB Draft Thread***

Heads22

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

You don't take players based on present value dude. 

Not even gonna get into with him. But I hope this guy mashes (and hopefully Madrigal turns it up himself as a guy with a plus hit tool himself).

4 minutes ago, wegner said:

Believe in him like you did Giolito....we need more of that magic 😎

Eh, if you followed the nfl thread you would know that his beliefs can be very wrong 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

Not even gonna get into with him. But I hope this guy mashes (and hopefully Madrigal turns it up himself as a guy with a plus hit tool himself).

I'm tired of arguing with Ray Ray it's obvious we view the game through an entirely different lens. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Get into it with me? Lol. Present an actual fact based point and add something to the discussion that isnt some absurd arbitrary rule that encompasses players based on things outside of their control. Its amazing how everyone who plays and covers the game and watches him says hes about as incredible a bat as exist. It's almost like we are seeing the same thing. Weird.

Pal, I'm giving you thought on what teams are looking for and how they evaluate risk. If you want to argue that a guy with two elite hit tools is the riskiest top 10 pick, then you go ahead and do so... just know you're factually wrong and that is not how an mlb team would evaluate risk. Risk is separation between PV and FV - which is why high school kids are inherently riskier as the math confirms.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

• bmags unpinned this topic