***Day 1 MLB Draft Thread***

Heads22

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Get into it with me? Lol

Pal, I'm giving you thought on what teams are looking for and how they evaluate risk. If you want to argue that a guy with two elite hit tools is the riskiest top 10 pick, then you go ahead and do so... just know you're factually wrong and that is not how an mlb team would evaluate risk. Risk is separation between PV and FV - which is why high school kids are inherently riskier as the math confirms.

Postitional value is overrated. Would it be nice if he could play SS? Sure. But a SS with an below average bat doesn't excite anyone either.

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Postitional value is overrated. Would it be nice if he could play SS? Sure. But a SS with an below average bat doesn't excite anyone either.

If he played 3B, I'd love him lol. But I did say I believe his bat is very real. Much moreso than Parkman. I don't mind the pick at all. 

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Except Freeman is lefty but I know what you mean. Plate discipline  and power.

yeah. I live 8 minutes from Braves stadium and the one thing you know every night is Freddie is getting at least 1-2 hits and he is the rock of the team. Vaughn instantly slots every player on our team into their right slot. 1. Robert. 2. Moncada 3. Vaughn 4. Jimenez is INSANE. 

• Like 1

This pick is making the Abreu stans insecure. Abreu will be traded this deadline or will settle for a fair contract this off-season, which won't be huge. Vaughn might be better than him today, especially considering defense. 

• Haha 2

Just now, ron883 said:

This pick is making the Abreu stans insecure. Abreu will be traded this deadline or will settle for a fair contract this off-season, which won't be huge. Vaughn might be better than him today, especially considering defense. 

What are you talking about

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Stop with your nonsense 

• bmags unpinned this topic