***Day 1 MLB Draft Thread***

Heads22

15 minutes ago, ron883 said:

This pick is making the Abreu stans insecure. Abreu will be traded this deadline or will settle for a fair contract this off-season, which won't be huge. Vaughn might be better than him today, especially considering defense. 

Please.  Just don't post about Abreu.  It makes you seem ridiculous, ignorant and petty.

Edited by turnin' two
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Look, another guy who follows me around the forum. I show respect to those who do the same. I post in response to posts, not posters. Give it a try sometime.

He likes to follow me around too so don’t feel so special!

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Look, another guy who follows me around the forum. I show respect to those who do the same. I post in response to posts, not posters. Give it a try sometime.

It's incredible that you believe people follow you around internet message boards.  You're in the 2019 MLB Draft thread on 2019 MLB DRAFT DAY.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Without any special insight about his starting level - I would love to see him in AA in August. Wherever they do start him I hope he hits enough quickly enough that we can get him to that level. 

Whether he gets there or not this season, I bet the hope is to start him in AA next year. 

2 minutes ago, default said:

It's incredible that you believe people follow you around internet message boards.  You're in the 2019 MLB Draft thread on 2019 MLB DRAFT DAY.  

Go look at your post history. I have never ever initiated a conversation with you as your posts are all critical of others and add nothing to the conversation. An actual decent percentage of your posts are some absurd, negative, jab at me though. Its weird.

That would be the definition of following someone around. Hope that helps.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Whether he gets there or not this season, I bet the hope is to start him in AA next year. 

Given how much people have struggled with BHam this year, I really hope we can get him some PAs there before the season ends just to get him a taste of it. Then yeah, BHam early next year and basically his job is to hit his way to the big leagues from there. 

Just now, DirtySox said:

I'm pretty bullish on Langeliers. Really like this pick. Earlier than I thought. He was really linked to the Twins in this process.

Me too.  He's one of my favorite players in this draft. Langeliers is every bit as good at Rutschman if not better behind the plate.  glad he's out of the AL

Just now, Dick Allen said:

I think this is why the Sox didn’t even question taking him.  Best hitter in the draft.  Abreu isn’t getting younger.  And you also ideally want all these young guys up at around the same time.  Vaughn fits the bill on all fronts.

• bmags unpinned this topic