***Day 1 MLB Draft Thread***

Heads22

3 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Also it’s super ironic Jack Parkman is preaching tools over production here yet he trashes Madrigal on the daily because he’s only hitting .270 with little power. I guess you gotta have your cake and eat it too huh.

I trash Madrigal because he was supposed to have a 70 hit tool and he's not showing it. I like Madrigal, I'm frustrated he's not hitting like he should. I was in favor of that pick. Never expected any HR power, but did expect tons of 2B and SB, with elite 3B numbers. I did forget about his wrist injury, so he's excused until now. He better start hitting for average. 

Madrigal so far is exhibit A for volatility of amateur hit/power tools.

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Nick Swisher was the OF version of Yolmer before Yolmer with pop.

They need to host a show together...  that I will never watch.  Well, maybe a YouTube channel.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

Its one thing to question production when the guy is playing in HS or subpar competition. But Vaughn is played in a respectable league and put up numbers that are similar to great players.

Its impossible to predict the future, but its hard to be upset when you get the guy who has the freakish numbers.

Just now, Soxbadger said:

Its one thing to question production when the guy is playing in HS or subpar competition. But Vaughn is played in a respectable league and put up numbers that are similar to great players.

Its impossible to predict the future, but its hard to be upset when you get the guy who has the freakish numbers.

Honestly, I question production until the MLB level. You never know until you get to the highest level. AAAA players exist for a reason. 

• bmags unpinned this topic