***Day 1 MLB Draft Thread***

Heads22

5 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Madrigal needs some of the Altuve magic serum and to hit the weights a ton.

It's a good thing you mentioned last years draft pick during this years draft discussion. I was waiting to hear an opinion on him in this thread.

2 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Some of the comments make no sense. Besides for Rutschman, Vaughn is basically the safest pick to make it to MLB.

I'd much rather take my chances with a guy like CJ Abrams then go for safe picks besides noone knows what will happen in the minors anyways last year we had a guy blow out his ACL twice he was supposed to be a safe pick.

Just now, ptatc said:

It's a good thing you mentioned last years draft pick during this years draft discussion. I was waiting to hear an opinion on him in this thread.

Go back and read the thread.  I wasn’t the first to bring him up.  He was being discussed already.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

7 minutes ago, MyNamesRod said:

What kind of stuff does sikkema have? 

Its not great, but great command, good pitcher. Would love in third but We also need just some depth pitchers:

6-1 | Wt: 217 | B-T: L-L 
Commit/Drafted: Never Drafted 
Scouting Report: In a year in which it’s hard to find pitchers scouts like, Sikkema is one pitcher scouts truly love. They love his feisty mound presence, his feel for pitching and his craftiness. And they also love his long, illustrious track record. The son of a baseball coach, Sikkema was Missouri’s moment-of-truth reliever as a freshman, when he tied Tanner Houck’s school freshman record with eight wins. Midway through his sophomore season, Sikkema moved from being the Tigers’ closer to taking over as the Friday night starter and excelled immediately. As a junior, he’s been consistently dominant as the club’s Saturday starter, going 6-3, 1.22 with an .180 opponent average as of early May. Sikkema is a thick-bodied pitcher without much, or any, projection left. He uses both an over-the-top arm slot as well as a three-quarter slot, switching back and forth to mess with hitters. He can reach up to 93-95 mph with his fastball when he raises his arm slot in short stints, but he generally sits 89-92 mph as a starter with plenty of arm-side run from the lower slot. He mixes four pitches, none of which is a plus offering, but all four are average or better. He throws an above-average slurve from his lower arm slot that has some power and depth and a more traditional, average curveball from over the top. He willingly mixes in an average changeup as well. All of his offerings play up because Sikkema fills the zone with strikes to both sides of the plate. If a team wants to move Sikkema back to the bullpen, he could move quickly. But he has likely worked his way high enough in the draft to get sent out as a starter, where a team would count on his feel and bulldog mentality to make up for any deficiencies in his pure stuff. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Sign me up, but are there signability issues?

Thanks for the list.

These competitive balance picks piss me off. 

yeah...how the fuck are the Yankees in there? geezus.

2 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

I'd much rather take my chances with a guy like CJ Abrams then go for safe picks besides noone knows what will happen in the minors anyways last year we had a guy blow out his ACL twice he was supposed to be a safe pick.

Vaughn is in a different class than Burger. Vaughn would never have fallen to 11. 

Just now, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

FG has the best available players as.....

RHP Matthew Allan (HS) - Very hard sign

3B Tyler Callihan (HS)

SS Matthew Lugo (HS)

SS Nasim Nunez (HS)

RF Kyle Stowers

RHP Jack Leiter (HS) - Very hard sign

SS Brooks Lee (HS)

In a chat they said Brooks Lee is unsignable

• bmags unpinned this topic