***Day 1 MLB Draft Thread***

Heads22

9 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

That's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

He was in every Boston trade rumor a decade ago.

I played on a lot of travel teams and in a lot of showcases with Bowden as a kid. Awesome guy. Great pitcher. Stuff kind of left him as he aged but I swear I thought he was going to be roger Clemens.

1 minute ago, GenericUserName said:

Well I mean what are the other comps we've heard so far tonight for him? Goldschmidt, Bagwell, Hoskins. Two of those are probably better than Konerko and Hoskins is too early to tell.

Draft comps are always best case scenarios. The reality is that there is pretty good chance Vaughn is the next Ryan Garko.

8 minutes ago, GenericUserName said:

Well I mean what are the other comps we've heard so far tonight for him? Goldschmidt, Bagwell, Hoskins. Two of those are probably better than Konerko and Hoskins is too early to tell.

Paul Goldschmidt stole 25-35 bases per year in his 20s. Vaughn isn't going to do that. 

Honestly, most likely his ceiling is Konerko with an outside chance of Bagwell. 

Frank was otherworldly and probably a top 10 hitter in baseball history. He was right there with Jr and pre-roids Bonds. You never expect anyone to be Frank Thomas. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

Draft comps are always best case scenarios. The reality is that there is pretty good chance Vaughn is the next Ryan Garko.

They are also heavily influenced by physical appearance and position. 

2 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

He may be fast, but he sure ain't quick. Hopefully that's doesn't works as a , umm, uh... what do you call it, uh.. work against him.

As a disadvantage.

Haha, he literally said that.  Wow.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

• bmags unpinned this topic