***Day 1 MLB Draft Thread***

Heads22

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

Wait round 2 is tonight isn’t it?

Ah you are correct. I'm use to the 1st round being one night for some reason. But hey... if they really slip, I'm all for it. :lol:

Edited by SoxAce

10 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Paul Goldschmidt stole 25-35 bases per year in his 20s. Vaughn isn't going to do that. 

Honestly, most likely his ceiling is Konerko with an outside chance of Bagwell. 

Frank was otherworldly and probably a top 10 hitter in baseball history. He was right there with Jr and pre-roids Bonds. You never expect anyone to be Frank Thomas. 

Jack, about 1.2 of Goldschmidt's career WAR is tied to his baserunning. That's 1.2 of 37.3 career WAR. I'm not sure why you continue to bring up stolen bases for a 1st baseman as if that's adding a ton of value.

His ceiling is not Paul konerko.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox1917 said:

Ok, how about Dick Allen?  Also a manlet first baseman under 6'0 who couldn't run and hit about .300.  

Sure, I'll take a future rookie of the year and MVP 

3 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Ah you are correct. I'm use to the 1st round being one night for some reason. But hey... if they really slip, I'm all for it. :lol:

My stomach dropped to the floor when I realized I may have watched 2 additional hours of Harold Reynolds for nothing.

• Haha 1

• bmags unpinned this topic