***Day 2 MLB Draft Thread Rounds 3-10***

bmags

8 minutes ago, bmags said:

Not that we know anything but if we were allowed to choose prep arms I'd, uhh, have preferred Josh Wolf and Allan to Thompson/Dalquist.

When we look back in a couple weeks and see that Allan doesn't sign with them, I think you'll be ok with the Sox haul

3 minutes ago, Dunt said:

When we look back in a couple weeks and see that Allan doesn't sign with them, I think you'll be ok with the Sox haul

I would have rather had Wolf instead of Thompson, but I'm fine with them not picking Allan because he's an extremely tough sign. 

6 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I like this strategy for the Sox so far. Infuse some youth into this system. My guess is that they are saving like $500K on Vaughn and maybe another $500K or so on Thompson. Thompson had a down year. He might be under $1.5 million. Good stuff so far. 

That would be an ideal scenario. I'd love them to grab another high upside player in the fourth, like Brewer or Doughty

1 minute ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Cubs likely saved a ton of money with their 1st RD pick, I wonder if they go with a HS kid with this kid. Did they save enough to go for Jack Leiter? And can they use their prestige to woo him? Maybe another highly ranked HS kids that's a very tough sign instead.

Their prestige of developing arms has been absolutely horrific though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Idk if they're going to go with yet another pitcher. I think they're going for a bat next round. 

You're probably right but with all the pitching injuries... So far 1 bat and 2 pitchers. Not out of the ordinary to pick another arm. 

• bmags unpinned this topic