***Day 2 MLB Draft Thread Rounds 3-10***

bmags

This is the strategy people wanted. You go overslot early and take cheap guys from 5-10 for slot savings. Then 10 on they will draft guys who wont cost them pool money.

To me its the best strategy, and you just cant take a risk of losing hundreds of thousands because you took a guy who was too good. 

9 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

This is the strategy people wanted. You go overslot early and take cheap guys from 5-10 for slot savings. Then 10 on they will draft guys who wont cost them pool money.

To me its the best strategy, and you just cant take a risk of losing hundreds of thousands because you took a guy who was too good. 

My only objection is that the guy they picked in the 2nd round is not of such value that you should pay overslot.  Pay overslot for guys you pick after where their talent warranted.

Edited by GreenSox

A reminder for those that routinely ask and worry about "will X player drafted in the top 10 rounds sign?"

Brian

3:40

When do you expect to start to get questions on whether or not a first round pick will sign? Father's Day week? 4th of July week? Today? Yesterday?

Keith Law

3:41

Today. And I will pretty much ignore them all after this chat because nearly all drafted players in rounds 1-10 sign unless they flunk their postdraft physicals.

Edited by DirtySox

Just now, Joshua Strong said:

The Mariners draft is terrible. What are they doing? I find it unlikely the top player on the board at their picks have all been pitchers. 

I was thinking the same. Them and the Rockies have been very underwhelming on the surface

4 minutes ago, GenericUserName said:

So looking up Weems' JC stats, he actually had a really good sophomore year. 12 K/9, 2.89 ERA, 5 CG, and only allowed 1 HR in 65 innings. I wonder if they had a report on him from then and saw that Arizona changed something with him that messed him up.

I think it had a lot more to do with his competition against Jr college players vs Pac-12.

9 minutes ago, GenericUserName said:

So looking up Weems' JC stats, he actually had a really good sophomore year. 12 K/9, 2.89 ERA, 5 CG, and only allowed 1 HR in 65 innings. I wonder if they had a report on him from then and saw that Arizona changed something with him that messed him up.

Nothing Coop can't fix.

• bmags unpinned this topic