6/4 Games

soxfan49

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

It's going to be so nice to have a second starting pitcher in the MLB rotation to get excited about.

yup

30 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Yep. Still hoping Lopez gets his shit together though. 

yup. Lopez needs to stay on top of his slider and change and he'll be fine. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, tkling36 said:

Is this confirmed or we all just speculating still?

It isn't confirmed, as it's not something the team can really announce while he still has a scheduled start for Charlotte, but they also have done a pretty bad job at keeping it a secret 

I feel like Cease could have one more start in Charlotte after this but it cannot be long. What else does he have to prove. He has an era thats less than half of the rest of the rotation mainstays at AAA lol

25 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

It isn't confirmed, as it's not something the team can really announce while he still has a scheduled start for Charlotte, but they also have done a pretty bad job at keeping it a secret 

Yeah, I know the team isn't going to confirm it but I personally have not seen any reliable source say anything to hint it's soon.  I heard maybe after the all-star break but nothing concrete.  Are we past the super 2 deadline at this point?

33 minutes ago, raBBit said:

I feel like Cease could have one more start in Charlotte after this but it cannot be long. What else does he have to prove. He has an era thats less than half of the rest of the rotation mainstays at AAA lol

Is there anyway to find ERA+ for minor leaguers? I have to imagine adjusting a 3.26 ERA in that environment would yield some pretty funny results.

54 minutes ago, raBBit said:

He's also doing it with the juiced balls. That's not to be understated.

1 hour ago, tkling36 said:

Yeah, I know the team isn't going to confirm it but I personally have not seen any reliable source say anything to hint it's soon.  I heard maybe after the all-star break but nothing concrete.  Are we past the super 2 deadline at this point?

Yes we are out of the Super 2 range I believe, since the season started so early. 

5 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

If they give him one more start in AAA, he'd have to debut against the Yankees or Cubs, which would go against their usual philosophy for pitching debuts

The Nats struggle as a team because of their bullpen, but that's no slouch of a lineup either

Edited by mqr

2 minutes ago, mqr said:

The Nats struggle as a team because of their bullpen, but that's no slouch of a lineup either

Totally agree, it's just better than the alternatives IMO, aside from debuting him on the road or waiting until July (please no)

2 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Totally agree, it's just better than the alternatives IMO, aside from debuting him on the road or waiting until July (please no)

One of our mutual friends (Diet Coke Michigan) said 2 more. I get you points though and they are definitely in line with Sox past history. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

I think the Sox are trying to fill the stadium that day whether its Monday or Tuesday. They definitely not denying it.