2019 MLB Draft and Signing Tracker

bmags

Visit Futuresox draft tracker here for the most up to date version. Add tweets or interesting things in the replies.

Bold means signed, italics means headed to school

1. Andrew Vaughn (1b, CAL) - $7,221,200 slot value

2. Matthew Thompson (RHP, Prep (TX)) - $2,100,00 signing bonus

3. Andrew Dalquist (RHP, Prep (CA)) - $2,000,00 signing bonus

4. James Beard (CF, Prep (MS)) $350,000 signing bonus

5. Dan Metzdorf (RHP, Boston College) $10,000 signing bonus

6. Avery Weems (RHP, Arizona) $10,000 signing bonus

7. Karan Patel (P, Univ. of Texas) $10,000 signing bonus

8. Ivan Gonzalez (C, WVU) $10,000 signing bonus

9. Tyson Messer (P, Campbell) $10,000 signing bonus

10. Nate Pawelczyk (P, Elon) $10,000 signing bonus

11. Victor Torres (C, International Baseball Academy PR) $175,000 signing bonus

12. Misael Gonzalez Acosta (CF, Leadership Christian Academy PR) $185,000 signing bonus

13. Cooper Bradford (P, Florida Southern College) $125,000 signing bonus

14. McKinley Moore (P, University of Arkansas-LR) $100,000 signing bonus

15. Caleb Freeman (P, Texas Tech) *per futuresox, indicated he was signing on twitter

16. DJ Gladney (SS/3b, Illiana Christian HS) - $225,000 signing bonus per Callis

17. Jeremiah Burke (RHP, Georgetown) $125,000 signing bonus

18. Sammy Peralta (P, University of Tampa) $85,000 signing bonus

19. Joshua Rivera (SS, Chipola College) $125,000 signing bonus

20. Cameron Simmons (CF, Virginia)* $85,000 signing bonus

21. Chase Solesky (P, Tulane)* $125,000 signing bonus

22. Logan Glass (CF, Mustang HS OK) $175,000 signing bonus

23. Pauly Milto (P, Indiana) $2,500 signing bonus

24. Jakob Goldfarb (C, Oregon) $2,500 signing bonus

25. Hansen Butler (P, North Carolina) $2,500 signing bonus

26. Justin Friedman (P, Hope International University) $2,500 signing bonus

27. Tyler Osik (1b, Central Florida) $2,500 signing bonus

28. Caeden Trenkle (CF, Hillsboro HS)

29. Kaleb Roper (RHP, Tulane) $2,500 signing bonus

30. Daniel Millwee (C, High Point University) $2,500 signing bonus

31. Connor Reich (P, Texas State) $2,500 signing bonus

32. Jonathan Allen (CF, University of San Francisco) $2,500 signing bonus

33. Trey Jeans (LHP, University of Louisiana Monroe) $2,500 signing bonus

34. Chase Krogman (CF, Liberty Senior HS) 

35. Logan Britt (CF, Colleyville Heritage HS) *tweeted going to Texas A&M

36. Declan Cronin (P, Holy Cross) $2,500 signing bonus

37. Garvin Alston (LHP, USC Aiken) $2,500 signing bonus

38. Emmet Flood (RHP, Glendale CC)

39. Tom Archer (2b, Lynn University) $1,000 signing bonus

40. Nick Silva (P, University of Maine-Orono) $1,000 signing bonus

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/high-school/baseball/hillsboro-s-brewer-leads-trio-of-area-players-picked-on/article_d0ef9204-87f4-11e9-82aa-f3cfd79beddd.html

Krogman:

Clement said Krogman is undecided on whether to pursue professional baseball or head down to Springfield to play for Missouri State.

The Eagles coach said Krogman's desire to get better will pay off at the next level, wherever the destination.

Sounds gettable

Just now, bmags said:

At the very least, doesn't sound like it's too money-related.

I think they'll land Glass and Gladney for sure. Trenkle and Krogman are the two I'm waiting for. I'm doing the tracker updates this year though so feel free to let me know if anyone hears anything. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I think they'll land Glass and Gladney for sure. Trenkle and Krogman are the two I'm waiting for. I'm doing the tracker updates this year though so feel free to let me know if anyone hears anything. 

We appreciate all the work you guys put in! Thanks for sharing! 

If teams offer to pay for HS kids College if they sign, I don't know why more HS kids don't sign right away. If I knew I could go to college for free in a year or two if I sucked, I'd take the Signing bonus money and give it a shot, knowing I had free college as a backup. Why not try to live your dream? I'd imagine academic atrophy for guys that aren't that bright is a consideration. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Jack, kids don't want to start college in three years, maybe four.  Who would, if you can't play ball.  Geez, you would be 22ish hanging around with 19 year olds.

Oh no, they'd be like a few grad students, seniors, people who took a gap year, etc. 

It's not that uncommon.

4 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

It's that creepy time of the year when myself and other draftniks scour social media of these HS kids to kind out if they might sign.

I just saw this on Drew Dalquist's IG.....  

-- Someone commented "I'm happy for you that you don't have to be a wildcat"

-- He replied "Wildcat at heart"

Yes...time of year

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

We have tons of signings on the FutureSox tracker FWIW 

Thanks, I threw this up because there was a question whether Matt or Mike would own it again this year.

I'll throw the link at the top so more people can see it (currently at the bottom)

2 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Pretty sure he's signing.

Haha, love his sense of humor.  Best of Luck, Declan. 

Mark Buehrle was taken in the 38th round, 2 rounds later than Declan so live that dream!!!

Anyone know what kind of time commitment guys have to make to the team when they sign and get a bonus?  Like if they play proball for a year and half and realize its not for them and they want to go to college, are they forced to give back part of their bonus?  I imagine it doesn't matter much for the guys getting like 5k, but for the guys getting 100k+, I'm sure there's got to be some minimum agreement, right?

2 hours ago, Markbilliards said:

Anyone know what kind of time commitment guys have to make to the team when they sign and get a bonus?  Like if they play proball for a year and half and realize its not for them and they want to go to college, are they forced to give back part of their bonus?  I imagine it doesn't matter much for the guys getting like 5k, but for the guys getting 100k+, I'm sure there's got to be some minimum agreement, right?

Don't think so.

In the future sox interview with Hostetller, he indicated we wouldn't be able to sign all the high schoolers outside the top 12.  Made it sound like one for sure and possibly one or two more depending on the dollars available to spend.

3 hours ago, BamaDoc said:

In the future sox interview with Hostetller, he indicated we wouldn't be able to sign all the high schoolers outside the top 12.  Made it sound like one for sure and possibly one or two more depending on the dollars available to spend.

I think that DJ Gladney (16th round) and Logan Glass (22nd round) are signing. They have a shot at Chase Krogman too depending on money. 

On 6/6/2019 at 4:44 PM, Quin said:

Oh no, they'd be like a few grad students, seniors, people who took a gap year, etc. 

It's not that uncommon.

When I was an 18-year-old college freshman, I'd guesstimate that AT LEAST 1/3 (likely more) of my classmates were well in their 20s or 30s.  A lot of people serve in the military before going to college... I wish I would've

Very few college baseball players get full scholarships.  When Gio Gonzalez was drafted in 2004, I believe he had a clause in his contract where the Chicago White Sox would pay for his entire college education if he failed to make the Major Leagues.   IMO, that is a HELL of a lot better than getting a PARTIAL scholarship to play baseball in college.

• Love 1